Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed very much.... thanks

Comment

I want to thank all of you who took pictures and videos of Jim's event. Unable to attend but I hear and see an awesome event.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Jim
        Living in southern California all I can do is dream of flying in one of your get-together's. I visited your site and was very impressed and it looks like it just keeps improving. Good stuff.
        Jim Gallacher

Comment

• JimD
          JimD commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Jim,

There was a lot of interest about those pins stuck in the map in California!

This event was special because of it being the 50th, but it was made extra special by all who attended and by the weather. Thank you all for the great memories!!!!

We had six days of non-stop activity...first thing Wednesday morning there were eight pilots ready to take advantage of a beautiful sunny day with lots of smooth lift.

By Saturday, we had 53 registered pilots who were treated to the best of conditions that this airfield has to offer (except for the slope guys that want 40 mph in your face wind!).

The last three pilots to leave stayed until sunset on Monday and we had to use a flashlight to lock the gates on the way out.

This was really a tug fest for the tow pilots...everyone of them got to fly until their thumbs were numb and legs where too exhausted to stand...thank you Steve Kremer, Kevin Kermer, Len Buffinton, Scot Stewart, and Don Chamberlain. The pilots and tugs were all amazing, doing exactly what they were here to do. This part of the hobby is currently blessed with great products from the Hangar 9 Pawnee to the TopModel Bidule 170.

Logistically, feeding a hungry crowd quickly and efficiently is a challenge. But thanks to volunteers from our group of pilots (and their significant others), we pulled it off six days in a row! You guys and gals are the best!!!! And a special thanks to Dave Harris and Jeremy Hartmann for being the grillmasters on Friday!

A special, special thanks goes to Al DeRenzis, John Appling, and Russ Bennett of the BASS (Baltimore Area Soaring Society) for donating the "Honey Baked Ham" for Saturday's lunch and to Sally and Sharon for preparing the serving tables for Saturday lunch.

In a total surprise, Len Buffinton and Steve Pasierb presented me with a beautiful sign for the Hangar that will be hung on the end of the building to greet folks as they arrive. In addition, Jeremy Hartmann presented me with a commemorative plaque made by Miroslaw Zakawany. Jeremy had clandestinely collected signatures on the plaque from all of the attending pilots.

There is so much more to say and so many others to thank that it is imposible to get it all down here, let me stop with this one great memory from the event...the Sunday night S'mores!

The 50th Annual Cumberland Fall Soar for Fun is now in the History book.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

What great memories we will all have for the building season...

Jeremy, I had the right of the way coming from the right

Stéphane
          Stéphane
          Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Nice Stephane, it's surprising how deep down the field we make our turns At that particular time I had a lot of sink coming through the Radian Gap

Jeremy and Ben
          SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

small clip for you guys

Comment

• JimD
              JimD commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice, you guys do good work!

Thanks for posting 🙂

• Swiss1
              Swiss1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice Erich, waiting for Trailer B!!

Finally found some time to go thru all the pictures we took.....here they are!

Explore this photo album by Tom Pack on Flickr!

TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

• Swiss1
              Swiss1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice pictures Tom!
          Working...
          X