No announcement yet.

50th Annual Cumberland, MD Fall Soar for Fun , November 5-6, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great picture French1 !! I saved it for my desktop. Amazing weather today. Smooth easy lift allowed for endless low passes. This weekend was Cumberland conditions at some of their finest. Thanks Jim for another great event!!

Comment

Sunday, November 6...starting with breakfast at Linda's Old Furnance Restaurant at 7:00am (formerly known as 8:00am).
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Swiss1
        Swiss1 commented
        Editing a comment
        So we receive an extra hour of sleep, and Jim takes it away!!

Stephane, absolutely love the sunset shot! The content that only Cumberland can deliver.

Everyone who has posted pictures, great shots. Enjoying seeing the event from afar.

Really missed your place Jim. Glad the 50th was as good as it looks online. First class all the way.

Comment

Jim,

An outstanding event. You have really transformed the mountain into an amazing place. Thanks for all you have done. Had a great time and wish I could have stayed longer. I look forward to more events there.

Steve K.
        Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Thanks to Jim and everyone who made the 50th the best yet!

Great to see the crowd build from just a few of us on Wednesday to a packed field of soar heads and family members on Saturday. Good people, good food, good flying, good fun!

Photos? I was too busy flying and demolishing the occasional sailplane or tow plane to take many photos, but here are a few of my happier memories...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/135586471@N02/d81mU2

Best wises to all for a warm building season. See you back on the mountain in March!
          Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Great pictures guys. Thanks for taking them.
            I attached a slightly edited photo taken by Stephane of his trusty ol' 1:3 DG 800 soaking in the last of the sunset on Saturday. Thanks for that last tow Len!!

Comment

Hey....just getting back to beantown.....yes thanks for the cool pictures everyone...what another wonderful adventure up on such a grand hill...or is it a mountain? Congrats to Jim for his outstanding hosting and 50 years of a soaring site there, with his 25 years of contribution...and again also to all the tow guys and volunteers!

a few shots here of mine....always good to see and fly and eat and laugh with everyone again and a million thanks to Scot, Len, and many others once again for all the help...and do a new maiden

Matt

Comment

I had a great time this weekend and will definitely come back. A big thank you to the organizers.
                Pictures of both days https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkgfgVLPYsA3hfgL9EwF2Df2ZbadPg

Comment

AMAZING photos guys! It was just like being there

Congratulations on the 50th Anniversary of the event Jim. You have created an amazing event and provided everyone with a breathtaking flying sight

Pete

Comment

I can save it.....I can save it.....I can save it.

Well, not so much.

Brilliant attempt to save a glider launched with the radio off. This went very well until the very end which is recorded here. I have been asked to withhold the name of the guilty party

Comment

Great participation in this AMA sanctioned event. We had a total of 53 R/C Pilot participants representing 15 different states which included: MD, VA, RI, CT, PA, AZ, AL, NC, NY, NJ, OH, IL, MI, WV and MA. Thanks Jim for a great time.

Comment

What are thes "Two Wild and Crrrazy guuys" up too?

Comment

Just a quick view of the insanity from Sunday.

Comment

Well, another great event in the books, I think the number of participants on Saturday was the most I have ever seen at Cumberland. I made new friends (No jokes please) and saw old ones.
                          We could not have asked for better weather or people to hang out with. Jim you always make the trip worthwhile even if Snatch thought he had better things to do
                          I will never let Arcus of the leash when I take him for a walk, he made me chase him down the drive all the way past the hairpin
                          Thank's to all the Tow pilots for what they do hours upon hours, its greatly appreciated. I had a S'mors overdose on Sunday night, should not have had that last double decker (Jim insert picture hear)
                          I left Moday at 5am ET and arrived at the shop at 5pm CT, actual drive time was 11.5 hrs, there were a lot of forest fires for miles and miles in Tennessee. Video from the event will be posted as soon as Snatch get's around to it
                          See you all next year.

Jeremy and Ben
                          SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Highlights video from my album for the 50th.

​

Comment

• Swiss1
                              Swiss1 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Nice Darryl
                          Working...
                          X