No announcement yet.

Winamac, IN August 25-28th 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great time despite dorking the Ka-8 on the second flight. But the repair work helped me to get to know a few more great guys. Here's video from Thursday and Friday. Had to head home on Saturday morning.

Comment

Stephane, great photos! tree2tree, great vid! That was fun! Thanks Tim R. and Mirolsaw Z. for making it come together at the Winamac Out of Sight Aerotow! Thanks to the tow pilots and glider guiders for making it another super fun time!
      Last edited by ARUP; 08-31-2016, 03:17 AM.

Comment

It was great event, at a great venue....the only thing that was more plentiful than the tugs was the food!!! The weather was kind to us with light winds and rain only in the early morning...we flew to dark almost every day!! Thanks to all the tow pilots Jim, Len, Stephane and Tim!!
        Pete

Comment

As said just a great event, the facilities are just amazing!

weather just timed right, tornado watch when I arrived Wednesday @ 9pm, (touch down in Kokomo south of winamac), abundant rain the day before and every night, just clearing in time to leave us gorgeous days!

Towing was not an issue with 6 towplanes onsite from 100 to 170cc..

Couple mishaps... My lack of attention on MY plane during a hairy takeoff of the sailplane I towed made me releasing the glider AND switch the kill switch of my engine at the worse moment, high angle of attack and low altitude. I really thought that was the end of my bidule. But after inspecting the wreckage, prop (carbon, first day of towing with it) dissipate some energy, the front laning gear and the fire wall too was not bad, and with the tools and materials available onsite my towplane took back the air the next day. Thanks a lot to Jeremy for his help fixing the plane, it always help to have Swiss friends that carry metric tape measures to cut proper templates to fix the formers ;-)

These four days have been delightful, I specially want to thanks Miroslaw and Tim that did an amazing job organizing this and feeding us lunch and diner at the field!

My Dg-500 flew great with my new winglets (see other thread) and my TLAR airfoil on them definitively helped me catching the longest flight trophy! ;-)

there was 4 other trophies that went to :

Best Aerobatics : Len B
          Best Sailplane : Len B (DG-1000)
          Best sportmanship : Jim D
          Best scratchbuilt sailplane : Mike K (Eaglet)

these trophies are just gorgeous

Pictures are from Miroslaw and are available on his FB page, I will upload them in two weeks when I see him

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

And here is couple video I took

Miroslaw E-Flight Blanik with 100 size turbine

40% ASK-21 with turbine

See you next year same place for sure

Stéphane
          Attached Files
          Stéphane
          Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

2016 is on track to be my favorite year of flying R/C...events at Salem, Hammondsport, Newark, Cumberland, Monticello, and Winamac have been the best ever. My Bidule 170 now has 45 hours of flight time on it since it's maiden in March. Most of these hours were logged at only four events. Did 13 hours at Winamac!

Thanks to all who attended and a special thanks to Tim and Miroslaw for making this event possible...I will definitely be back next year!
            A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Great event as last year, thanks to Tim and Miroslaw for all the food, especially the sausage which I did not forget at the Tortuga Inn
              And Stephane you are welcome for the Bidule repair, it would't be an event if had nothing to fix

Jeremy and Ben

SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Here is Miroslaw pictures of Winamac

Stéphane
                Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

My favorite picture is the Blanik inverted against the blue sky with wispy bright white clouds! The sunset is pretty awesome, too!

Comment

Working...
                  X