No announcement yet.

Quebec CanAm Aerotow August 18th to 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'll work! See you tomorrow. Hopefully the border guards won't be cranky and it's a quick process. Can I bring anything, like American cheese or Hershey bars? You know, so we can truly appreciate any Canadian cheese or chocolate, because the US version is crap!!!

Comment

Hershey chocolate is quite nice in my opinion !
      As for cheese.... Well.... You know... 😶😆😆😆
      You might as well keep it home ! 😆😆

Comment

sweeet....see you guys all soon....hope to pull in early Thursday evening at the field...looking forward to it!

Matt

Comment

Nous sommes ici! Réalisé à travers la frontière!

Jusqu'au matin.
          Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Super ! Bienvenue au Québec !
            Wheather permitting, we will fly asap tomorrow.
            We might need to wait a little till skies clear up a bit 😯

Comment

Hello gentleman,

Since it will be very likely raining all morning (Friday 18th) I suggest that we meet for breskfast and chat here at 9h00. How's this for you guys ?
              😊

Restaurant L'Eggxotic
              20 Boulevard de Mortagne H, Boucherville, QC J4B 5K6
              (450) 449-1919

Comment

We could then go to AMR, a nearby hobbyking ans/or go to Étienne's 😊

Comment

Oups.... Nearby hobbyshop....

Comment

Hey there ... sounds good, Scott Dan and I will come by restaurant but will be late ... around 9:30

thanks
                    Matt

Comment

Hey hey Marc, Daniel and friends....what a fun time up in Quebec! Thanks again for hosting the event, all the great laughs and hospitality. You cooked up some superb different burgers for us! Loved them!

Thanks to all the tow guys once again too and the volunteers. All went smooth and caught some good thermals over the 3 days!

Really Loved seeing the midget mustang fly, sterling engines etc at the airport too!

Hope to see you guys all again soon!

Matt

Comment

• Tango Juliet
                        Tango Juliet commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm surprised that tail number was allowed to pass scrutiny! I doubt it would have been issued in the US. Love it though! And the AN-2! Wow!

Tres Bon!

Thank you to Daniel, Marc and everyone for being wonderful hosts. What a nice and welcoming group of people. Every event should have valet hobby shop service -- thanks to Etienne for running back home to pick up a servo for me! It was fun towing and fun soaring with you all.

We just returned from a beautiful couple days in Stowe. I only took a few photos, but will post them soonest.

Steve
                      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

The photo above really tells the tale. Sod farm green grass beneath our feet and those towers are huge and much farther away than the photo makes them appear.

We moved away from our original flying position to a field that has shorter grass and worked better with wind direction. Shorter grass was essential for the smaller span sailplanes on takeoff. It's a high class problem that the grass was too lush -- made the Bidules squat on their front wheels on takeoff, but otherwise was fine.

Scot and I did the lion's share of towing on Saturday with help from a Pegasus-like tow plane with a 100 motor and a couple converted pattern ships. Scot's Bidule 170 with a ZDZ-180 is always the champ, but the Bidule 111 with a DA-120 on tuned pipes gave it a run for its money!

A few more shots... great field views, Scot towing, Scot and Dan trying to keep an eye on a sky high sailplane, a few more. One great shot just to show how incredibly long each sod field is!

Thanks again for a fun day of flying. Looking forward to hearing how folks did on Sunday? It was microbrews and cheese in Stowe, VT for us.

Comment

Really nice weekend, great flying and a lot fun with wonderful people.
                          Many thanks to all of you coming to our event !
                          I will be posting many pictures and a couple of little videos soon.

Long live Scalesoaring.com community ! 😁

​​​​
                          ​​​​

Comment

A couple of videos I did to summerize my own experience at the event. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by hello82 View Post
                              Hey hey Marc, Daniel and friends....what a fun time up in Quebec! Thanks again for hosting the event, all the great laughs and hospitality. You cooked up some superb different burgers for us! Loved them!

Thanks to all the tow guys once again too and the volunteers. All went smooth and caught some good thermals over the 3 days!

Really Loved seeing the midget mustang fly, sterling engines etc at the airport too!

Hope to see you guys all again soon!

Matt

We had so much pleasure together dear Matt ! Really looking forward seing you again ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X