Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quebec CanAm Aerotow August 18th to 20th

Hello everyboby,

This is an official (and personnal ! ) invitation for all of you, our friend modelers, to join us for our first CanAm aerotow event in Ste-Julie Quebec.

Please register on scalesoaring.com You will find there more info on the event schedule. https://www.scalesoaring.com/quebec-canam-aerotow

Here is an IMPORTANT UPDATE AND IMPROVEMENT on the conditions and accommodations of our field:

Since part of the sod farm grass strips are already cut we will have permission to park along the grass runway and even stay for camping overnight.

This means that we will have plenty of room for trailers and campers to stay on the field for the weekend and will make for much easier model handling and access to the runway.

There is also a campground less than 10 minutes away from our field if you want more services for you camper/trailer. http://www.parkbridge.com/en-ca/rv-c...mping-Alouette

Since the city of Montreal is also less than 20 minutes North of Ste-Julie, you could also find tons of accommodations downtown.

Looking forward flying with you !
    We will have a ball.
    Danger Dan

P.S. I am building another Bergfalke !

Looking forward to this one!! I will be coming in Thursday afternoon. Will we be able to drop our trailers on Thursday? Mine is a baby trailer at 4x4x10, but still much easier to navigate the hotel parking lots without it. Here's to good weather and reasonable border crossings!! Scot

Comment

• Danger Dan
      Danger Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, though you might not find anybody at the field on Thursday night. When you know what Time you'll be there. Tell us. We will try to send someone to welcome you.

Bonjour....I will try to make this one hopefully...a bit tricky with work, but might be able too....should know in a week!. Sounds fun....I have never crossed the border yet with airplanes.....

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Stew2 View Post
      Looking forward to this one!! I will be coming in Thursday afternoon. Will we be able to drop our trailers on Thursday? Mine is a baby trailer at 4x4x10, but still much easier to navigate the hotel parking lots without it. Here's to good weather and reasonable border crossings!! Scot
      Hi Scot,

I'm Marc, the co-organizer of the event with Dan. It'll be fantastic to see you at our meeting! There shouldn't be any problem at all to leave trailers at the flying site on Thursday and for the rest of the weekend. I'll see with Dan for the best spots to park trailers, and if you let me know the approximate time you think you'll be at the field Thursday the 17th, I'll do my best to be there and assist you. The weather is usually very nice and warm at this time of the year. Now regarding border crossing, I don't think you should worry at all, but if I'm used to cross borders from my country to yours, I have absolutely no clue how it works the other way around... See you soon in Sainte-Julie!

Marc
      p.s. By the way, I received your registration this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by hello82 View Post
        Bonjour....I will try to make this one hopefully...a bit tricky with work, but might be able too....should know in a week!. Sounds fun....I have never crossed the border yet with airplanes.....

Matt
        Hi Matt,
        It'll be great to have you with us! Personally, I never encountered any problem whatsoever crossing your country's borders with model airplanes: I mention the officers that I'm attending an rc airplane meeting close to this or that city, and they always grant me with a nice "have fun there!". See you soon at Sainte-Julie!
        Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Stew2 View Post
          Here! Here! I'm arriving Friday morning and departing early Sunday. I have a slightly bigger baby trailer than Scot (4x5x10) and it will be fantastic to be able to keep it on site Friday and Saturday nights.

Looking forward to the trip and hopefully not getting into great debates with Customs this time about why there are no serial numbers on my planes.
          Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Cool ! Which sailplanes are you planning to fly ?

Comment

Not quite sure yet what I'll bring? Antares plus a couple more. How are you all set for tow planes? I hope to sort out my Bidule 111 w DA120 this weekend and Scot is bringing his Bidule 170.
              Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Do you still fly that beautiful vintage all wood seagull wing glider you flew last september ?
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Steve P View Post
                  Not quite sure yet what I'll bring? Antares plus a couple more. How are you all set for tow planes? I hope to sort out my Bidule 111 w DA120 this weekend and Scot is bringing his Bidule 170.
                  As for tow planes. We still have to talk with a couple of guys. Be back to you shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve P View Post
                    Ok, tow planes update. Talked with Marc, Aurele and Étienne yesterday. We will have 3 pilots ready with tugs in the 100cc class.

Comment

• Steve P
                      Steve P commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bidule 111 w/ DA 120 on tuned pipes is packed in the trailer and ready to help.

We find at our events that getting a line-up of folks willing to tow and rotating the chores "by the tank of gas" works really well.

I can have these two beautiful planes available for delivery to a committed buyer at the event in St. Juile.

AMR 50 tow plane with DA85, cannister and carbon prop for $1600 USD

1/3 scale Krause Salto ready to fly with your battery and receiver for $1500 USD

More detail and large photos on each are listed in the "For Sale" section here on the forum. Thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone! Only one more week before our great event!!! Here's a quick link to the Sainte-Julie flying field:

Otherwise, here's the complete address and gps coordinates:

310-698 Chemin du fer a cheval, Sainte-Julie
                      gps: 45.61823, -73.33191

See you all very soon!
                      Marc

Comment

Marc,

Really looking forward to soaring in Canada!! What is the orientation of the runway? NW-SE? or can you use diagonals and set it up as desired? I will arrive late afternoon on Thursday. Will it be acceptable to leave the trailer at the field then? I might need some help with acceptable location on the field. Thanks for having us "over"....

Scot

Comment

Hello Scott,

I will be the field Thursday afternoon around 2h00 pm. Look for this sign on the side of the road:

Comment

Working...
                          X