New voice announcement files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New voice announcement files

I am not totally happy with the voice announcement files( VAF's) available for my TX. Most are text-to-speech generated, some with female voice, some with male voice, some with English accent. The worst thing is that some are louder than others, and with my TX volume set at a comfortable level, some announcements are inaudible.
    I have a professional recording studio and am going to create a new library of VAF's, spoken in clear American English with as little accent as possible. The sound level of all files will be the same, and they will be in .wav format.
    If anyone else is interested in using these files, I will share them. The following list was created with a scale FES type glider in mind. Please feel free to suggest any new announcements I may have overlooked, or revisions to ones listed below:

GEAR UP
    GEAR DOWN
    MOTOR ARMED
    MOTOR SAFE
    NORMAL
    THERMAL
    REFLEX
    SPEED
    LANDING FLAPS
    TAKEOFF FLAPS
    FLAPS DOWN
    FLAPS UP
    BUTTERFLY
    CROW
    AIRBRAKE ON
    AIRBRAKE OFF
    SPOILERS ON
    BRAKE
    TIMER ON
    LOW VOLTAGE

CRUISE, LAUNCH, LAND, TIMER RESET,CRUISE MODE, LAUNCH MODE, LANDING MODE, THERMAL MODE, SPEED MODE, IGNITION ON, IGNITION OFF, CHOKE ON, CHOKE OFF

Prefer sexy female voice.

Comment

• Mosquito
      Mosquito commented
      Editing a comment
      What system are we "talking" about?

These files should work with any transmitter that “talks” to you.

Comment

Tow release, butterfly, crow,
      Gunny
      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

“terrain.pullup”

Comment

Flaps half

Comment

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
            Team PowerBox Systems Americas ............You can't buy happiness. But, you can buy a sailplane and that's pretty darn close.

Comment

Panic Panic Panic
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Soaranator
                Soaranator commented
                Editing a comment
                Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!

Tow release, cruise, thermal, speed, start, speed 1, speed 2, motor on, gear down.
              Regards Dean

Comment

BTW, I do have a rather extensive library of cinematic sound effects... Car crash sounds, sirens, explosions, machine guns, air raid siren, blood curdling screams, laughter, etc.

Comment

What time frame are you looking at before you start posting these .wav file? "Snapflaps" Fantastic idea!!!

Comment

• Soaranator
                    Soaranator commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i'm hoping to start recording towards the end of next week. Want to keep files specific to gliders and towplanes.

I have finished the voice announcement files. There are 45 files in each folder, the files are the same in each folder. I added the " 0_" to the beginning of each file in order to easily identify the new files. In my Jeti TX the new .wav files are merged with the existing files and are hard to find. By adding "0-" (thats a zero) to the beginning of each file name, these new files are grouped together at the beginning of the folder in the TX, making them easy to identify and locate. These files are .wav, 44.1 mhz, 8 bit. They were converted in batches, the length of each file in a batch was determined by the largest file in that batch.
                  I gave it my best First Officer shot, and as the picture illustrates, a lot of Captains can be hard to please....

Link to TX wav Files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oy69w6x3v...-ibGkreUa?dl=0

Link to TX 0_wav Files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zr9k92b8g...40xxd5kja?dl=0

Comment

Soaranator,
                    Just wanted to say thanks for the files, very clear and have worked out just fine.

Thanks again,
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X