Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AS3000 AS3X Flight Stabilization Module (SPMAS3000)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS3000 AS3X Flight Stabilization Module (SPMAS3000)

So this new little module not only has "gyro" stabilization but Vario, G-Force and Altitude built into that little thing? I guess adding a GPS and you're set!
    Even though it is extremely small, the AS3000 gives pilots the same extraordinary performance as all AS3X systems with the added ease of use of Spektrum Forward Programing.

Ok. Tim "DX18 Gen 1 guy here" (cue Jeremy now). So this does look nice and the web site does show that it works on Gen 1 DX18's...but, they don't have a speaker so I'm assuming that the vario is not an audio one?

Comment

We'll be installing one in the Smelly Yak this week and will report back on the features.

Tim, It's a gyro first, so yes it will work with the Gen 1, the audio features obviously will require a little person in the radio talking to you.

Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I think it might be similar to use of a SPMA9589 vario/TM1000 telemetry module with my DX8. You will hear the tones from the vario rising and falling, but there is no voice callout.

Comment

So, instead of buying a 50 dollar vario, I can buy this and get altitude, vario, gyro and G force for 65? No brainer..

Comment

• BryanB
            BryanB commented
            Editing a comment
            That's exactly what I'm thinking, All that in this little unit for a very reasonable price. Sometimes R/C technology is great and it baffles me how they cram all these goodies in such a little package.
            Now if they'd just just hurry the development of the new solid state lithium batteries! ♣

Has anyone used one of these yet? I also have a Gen1 and was wondering what audio features are compatible with it.

Comment

Originally posted by edfmaniac View Post
            Has anyone used one of these yet? I also have a Gen1 and was wondering what audio features are compatible with it.
            Yes, but just for telemetry. Only have a dozen flights or so and so far telemetry is hit or miss.

Here's your best information resource for this module.
            https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...00-AS3X-module

Comment

I don't think the tech who responded to my question knows what they are talking about. He simply responded "To use the AS3000 you will need a Spektrum G2 transmitter. The Spektrum G1 transmitter does not have the specific programming menu to setup using the AS3000." Evidently he didn't read far enough when he pulled up the page of info. LMAO Just read a little further and it says it is compatible with the DX18G1. So I'm waiting to speak to someone who actually knows something. Fingers crossed. LOL

Comment

Latest email says that the DX18 G1 does emit tones and beeps based on the telemetry it gets from the AS3000. I hope they are referring specifically to the vario function.

Comment

Working...
                X