Spektrum iX12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum iX12

My new transmitter just arrived today, I committed to this iX12 for two reasons :

1-an easier access more visual to the Spektrum programming that should help everyone getting more comfortable with programming transmitters.

2- the capability to change mode on the flying field, for me that fly mode 2 that is a big plus to be able to share transmitter...

the aftermath plus is the capability to program any voice command you want and the software update without the need to transfer files.

The conversion from mode 2 to mode 1 has been a piece of cake. the big plus for you guys is the adjustments on the ratchet and spring tension, I am sure you will like it

I imported the models from my DX18 very easily and do not see any major hick up there even with DX9 and DX18 gen 1

The transmitter is a copy paste of the DX9 with a bigger screen, a notch smaller transmitter than my DX-18 (should be good as I think that modes switches are a bit far from the sticks for my hands), the only main difference to me is the sliders that are not like my DX18 (sideways) across the back of the transmitter. Meaning down is now toward the center and up is toward the exterior of the transmitter.

For the ones of you that have an android cell or tablet, that will be easy, if like me you are an apple guy, no big deal that is not difficult

Will learn the nuances of that new transmitter, and as always if anybody need some help give me a buz

Sans titre by steffruelle, sur Flickr

St├ęphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

I got to hold one of these transmitters in my hands two weeks ago and I love it. If you like the feel of the DX9, you will love the iX12...Then there is the color touch screen!!!

Looks like this one checks off a lot of items on the ideal transmitter wish list.
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Are you leaving Futaba Jim?

Steve K

Comment

• JimD
        JimD commented
        Editing a comment
        I have had a mix of both Spektrum and Futaba brands since 2007. My main measure is does the transmitter feel good in my hands. The DX9 is my favorite of all the Spektrum transmitters and the iX12 is essentially the same case size and shape.

Back when Futaba had several high end 12 channel transmitters, I thought about getting one until I held them in my hands...ugh! The Futaba 10C was by far my favorite in the Futaba line until the new 18SZA came along.

We received some iX12,s a week ago at The Model Box, and all were sold in 2 days
      We have more on order, so if you want one let me know, I hope to bring some to Cumberland in March

Jeremy
      SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

The iX12 has built in WiFi connectivity...I have installed WiFi in the HighPoint Aviation hangar.

So... you can use this capability right in the pit area at the Cumberland events!
        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Hi Jim,
          I would like to request a Star Trek Transporter to be installed in the
          HighPoint Aviation hangar so Us guys in SoCal can come to your events on a regular basis. I would be willing to be the base for the other Transporter station. Thanks for your consideration Jim.
          Jim

Comment

Working...
          X