New PowerSafe Spektrum receivers AR9130T/AR12300T/AR20300T

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PowerSafe Spektrum receivers AR9130T/AR12300T/AR20300T

I just put my hand on two of the three novelties in the Spektrum receiver range AR9130T/AR12300T/AR20300T

Not necessarily because they have the TM1000 integrated in them but first because they have built in consumption reading.

I have always been worried about receiver batteries, how much is there left? what is the current voltage? How much signal do I have? etc...

I bought a Skyassystant vario to have some answers but the capacity left in the pack was still a mystery and a learning curve on how much the model was consuming in flight, and you know that my flight can be long....

So quite very please to see that Spectrum has implementer these sensors in the receiver, just add the vario for me and it should be all set. Swapping the vario arround should not be a big deal now.

Thumb up to the developpers.

I plan installing the AR20300T, 20 channel in my 7.5 m ASW-22 to replace the 12 channels receiver with the expander

The AR12300T, 12 channel will go i my ASW-20

I plan to install another one in my bidule as the towplanes car be quite demanding on the battery...

I will keep you posted on my experience with them

Sans titre by steffruelle, sur Flickr

Last edited by French1; 01-26-2017, 01:57 PM.
    Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

Doing a rebuild on this 170 Pegasus and installing the 12 channel in it plus 100 oz fuel tank
    Attached Files

Comment

• French1
      French1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Please post some pictures, it is always a pleasure to learn from others experience

• jfrickie
      jfrickie commented
      Editing a comment
      Tried to load a couple of pics of the tank tray and mount but they wont upload....

The ASW-20 and the ASW-22 are ready for 2017!

The new screen with energy sensor on the two batteries of the PowerSafe. Read capacity consumed, instant Amps, max Amps, instant Volt, max Volt

AR12300T in myASW-20

READY !

AR20300T in my ASW-22

Just waiting for spring to come

Stéphane

Comment

Stephane,

It looks like Spektrum is now approaching the same functionality as the Powerbox units with the huge added feature of channeling the information back via telemetry. The only thing I wonder, is how many voltage regulators the units use. Do they even have voltage regulators? They may not. I'm sure the 2 busses are separate, but they may not regulate the output voltage from the batteries, Looks like a great product in functionality and should be of sufficient quality for dependability and durability. Looking forward to watching the performance this year.

Scot

Comment

Yes, Stephane, thanks for the info!

Comment

Scott,

to my knowledge there is no voltage regulators in the PowerSafe receivers.

If I would guess their strategy is letting as much current flowing through the receiver and avoiding any inline regulator that might be a problem with high current.
          Look like to be the trend: big planes with big digital servo generate very high peak consumption.

Just my thoughts

Stéphane
          Stéphane

Comment

There are no regulators in the Power-Safe units.
            Power in equals power out.

Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

These are great...I got to take a close look at one last week! I like the way satellite RX1 or is it A, is built into the box!! The only thing I'd like to see added would be a built in gyro

After converting all my planes to have onboard telemetry, I can not imagine flying without it! I like having the vario/altitude sensor, but having onboard battery telemetry was reason number one!! This new system is much easier to bind than the versions I have, with the separate power safe RX and TM1000 unit and has a more detailed battery read out, but I will not be tearing out my old systems for the new one. I will add the new system to future models for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Xroadie View Post
                These are great...I got to take a close look at one last week! I like the way satellite RX1 or is it A, is built into the box!! The only thing I'd like to see added would be a built in gyro
                Gyro available this spring. Wire harness will plug into the Sensor port on the receiver. Gyro programming will be done from the transmitter.

Rick Shelby
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by RickS View Post

Gyro available this spring. Wire harness will plug into the Sensor port on the receiver. Gyro programming will be done from the transmitter.

Rick Shelby
                  Team Horizon Hobby
                  I knew it wouldn't be long.... that's better than built into the RX, as gyro orientation is critical! Do you know....will it be just one wire from gyro to the sensor port or will you still have to run jumpers from every channel used to the gyro from the RX and then from the gyro to servos? If so....I think built into the RX would be better, even if it limited the orientation of your RX placement. I don't mind and extra module, but all those extra leads can be a pain.

Pete

Comment

We received all 3 types of receivers 2 weeks ago and the 20's are sold and already on backorder again! I'll be using a 12 on the Pilatus along with a tandem regular 12 power safe unit for the tail section. Horizon has discontinued the regular 12 and 9 power safe units, I have a few in stock if anyone is in need! On another note is that we have received only 2 DX20's thus far, and both were sold, one to Snatch, another one arrives on Monday and it is sold too. I do not even have one yet as I have customers waiting for them, we pre-ordered these units in March 2016! I was told the reason they are so slow to produce them is that the hand grips are hand made and that's what's slowing down production!

Jeremy and Ben
                    SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Question on my new AR12310T. I want to install both Spektrum's GPS and Vario modules but there is only one xbus port on the receiver. Can I daisy chain the modules or do I need to continue to use the TM1000 for the additional xbus ports?

Thanks,
                      Bryan
                      Last edited by BryanB; 04-22-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Bryan,

yes daisy chain is the way to go, on each sensor you have xbus1 ans Xbus2

xbus1 goes in receiver and xbus2 receive the next sensor signal
                        Stéphane

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Stéphane.

Bryan

Comment

Working...
                          X