This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarMate HD Custom Cargo 4 x 10 Trailer For Sale

CarMate HD Custom Cargo 4' x 10' Trailer.

Full size wheels.

Customized with right side door at front and a utility plug on the front allowing for connection of a generator to provide power to an inside dual power outlet.

Delta front cargo box added as well.

Purchased in June 2013 and outfitted for transportation of sailplanes.

Internal configuration includes a ply panel splitting the top and bottom with a vertical support though the bottom center. PVC pipe and foam insulation for wing panel racks on the upper section. An additional fuselage can be slid in the upper left area of the top section. Wing panels up to about 9'11" can be comfortably held in the upper section.

The bottom is split into a right and left side. The left side has a full length fuselage box, lined with foam and also has PVC pipe framework with foam insulation for holding 3 fuselages on the base of the box. Additional fuselages and/or wing panels can be padded and set on top of the lower fuselages. The fuselage box can hold fuselages up to about 9'4"

The lower right section is limited to about a 7' length due to shelving inside the right door area.

I typically use the lower right side for misc. materials and supplies. Folding chairs, canopy, etc.

I am able to comfortably transport 5 sailplanes with misc. supplies and materials with the current configuration with a range of wing spans from 4.4m to 8.4m. I typically use the side door shelves for storage of materials, tools, and a small electrical generator.

$ 2,700

Send a PM if you have any questions or would like additional information or photos.

Many thanks for looking !

Pictures of the trailer empty:

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC6015.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	6839 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC6000.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	6840 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC6017.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	6841

Name:	_DSC6010.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	6843 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC6019.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	6838 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC6026.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	6842

Here is the trailer with sailplanes (5m Orlik II, 6m Ventus 2c, and 8.4m ASH31mi with all wing panels and tips) and materials loaded and preparing for travel to an event (Please note sailplanes and materials are not included with the trailer) Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC7939.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	6845

Attached Files
    Last edited by BobM; 02-20-2016, 05:43 PM.

I forgot to share that local pick-up or local delivery is preferred.

Thanks !

Comment

Adjusting the pricing on the trailer here.................I will sell for $2,250 firm.

Hoping the trailer will find a new home for the beginning of the season here on the east coast. It is really a great setup for sailplanes and handles extremely well on the road.

I would prefer local pick-up or delivery within the CT area if possible, but that can be sorted out upon sale.

PM please if interested.

Many thanks,

Bob

Comment

CarMate is a very solid brand and having had the chance to look closely at Bob's setup at several events I can tell you that it is first class! This is a great deal and someone needs to take advantage of it!
        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Many thanks for the wonderful notes Jim !

I thought I should share the reason for letting this one go. I have a couple large tow planes now that I need to be able to carry along with several of my sailplanes. To do this means I need a trailer a bit larger in size to work well at this point.

If there was anyway I could fit the towplanes along with my sailplanes into this trailer I would reconfigure it because I love the size and how it handles.

Because of it being a 4' x 4' x 10' the trailer is small enough to be low profile behind the car and also the weight is low enough not to cause challenges for the car to pull it at safe highway speeds. Most important is that is is very stable and safe at normal highway speeds and does not cause difficulties with driving. A final note about it is that my gas mileage has been very close to normal even with the trailer behind me to various events.

It really is a great trailer set-up for anyone that is traveling to events..........it keeps all the planes and equipment out of the car and safely contained for travel.

I designed the the left side lower box with the foam to really keep the fuselages held carefully and the upper rack for the wing sections has worked very well. I do keep my wing sections in wing bags, using ones from various companies at this point. The sections all slide in well and then I use extra blocks of foam in the front and rear to keep the sections from sliding back and forth and keep them from possible damage. The 10' length is great as it can hold most of the sailplane fuselages and wing sections with out any issues for the 1/3 scale and even up to 1/2.5 scale (as my ASH-31mi is). The fuselage of my 1/3 scale Arcus is about the same length as my 1/2.5 scale ASH-31mi.....both fit comfortably.

I think I shared before that even though it is already configured, it is easy enough to remove any of the wood and materials I have installed. It would be easy enough to configure it for your own specific needs. There are many threads in the Trailer section that show a variety of great ways others have set up trailers to meet their needs.

I will add is that setting up a car for a trailer hitch isn't hard to do. Most of the cars can have this installed right with the dealership or there are many local car shops as well as trailer shops that can complete a professional install.

Many cars also have the trailer hitch option built in and it is only a matter of installing the extra components and wiring yourself (if it isn't already installed.....many cars now have everything installed and it is just a matter of getting the removable hitch and wiring harness).........these are often available from a variety of companies that make trailer and car accessories. I have several online sources for the trailer and accessories that I can share if anyone would like further information.

If anyone is considering this and has any questions just send a quick PM to me or write a note on the thread here.

Comment

This is one heck of a deal, folks! I paid just south of $3500 for the same trailer but mine doesn't have diamond plate tool box. My tool box is painted sheet steel. Wish I knew this was gonna come up for sale before I bought mine!

Comment

This is a great buy! If I weren't halfway across the country in FL I would jump on it.

Comment

I have had some questions about the dimensions inside the trailer as it is currently configured. I made some measurements and made a drawing that should give the details. It is not draftsman quality, but I think it has the major dimensions that would be helpful.

The material for the structural pieces is 3/4" ply in general. The box I have on the lower left side is made from either 1/4" or 3/8" luan ply with 1" x 2" pine reinforcement throughout (glued and nailed to ply).

Please let me know if there are any questions, happy to answer them in regard to the trailer, the current configuration, and any other dimensions that would be helpful.

I have attached it for reference.

Bob

Name:	Trailer Dimensions.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	9035
                Last edited by BobM; 04-04-2016, 10:10 PM.

Comment

SOLD.

Many thanks everyone.

Comment

Congratulations!
                    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Working...
                    X