This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Model 1/3 scale Turbo Porter and DA200 For Sale

There is a Top Model 1/3 scale Turbo Porter with a custom color scheme for sale here in the Midwest. Ali Machinchy who posts here and is a Team Horizon pilot has it for sale along with a DA200.

Here is what he said about it on a another forum....

FOR SALE… I just cant see myself getting the time to build it this winter, and when I do. The storage and transport is going to be a challenge for me. Maybe when I get a trailer things will be easier, but till then. I think the logical thing to do is see if anyone else can get this amazing aircraft flying over the winter. I have allot of money tied up in the shipping of this huge aircraft to the USA ( more than $2000 in just costs) With that in mind. My selling price of $4000 for the airframe represents a big saving for the potential buyer. I also have a totally unused ( Only ever screwed to the firewall of another project ) DA200 if someone wants it. It comes with stainless steel Zimmerman mufflers and headers ( I have not checked to see if these are the ideal drop for this model ) New price of this engine package would be close to $3500. I would sell the Pilatus and the DA200 as a package for $6500 if someone wanted it. On the understanding that the airframe was never designed for the DA so some modification will be required. I had no intention of selling this model so when it arrived I disposed of the crate. I also don't think the crate would have taken another journey to be honest. The model is located in central Illinois. Message me if interested.

You can see pictures of the actual model on Ali's Facebook page. It need's a Jetcat SP10 Turbine not a DA

Jeremy and Ben
    SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Posting the photos so Len knows what he's paying for....
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Lol.

Not me Steve, its all you....

Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I want it!!!!!! Is there a turboprop with enough power to properly power it? And tow?
          Last edited by BTursack; 02-07-2016, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Comment

Do you have specs?

Comment

That seemed to be the issue Bob.

Len Buffinton
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

So, with the biggest jet cat turbine we are only at marginal power? I need to be able to haul my Hempel glider.

Comment

Bob, I would talk with Ali Machinchy who is the one selling this. He has a lot of turbine experience and should be able to help answer any questions.
                    You can try him on facebook too
                    https://www.facebook.com/Ali-Machinc...3139277496683/

Or email directly at

amachinchy@horizonhobby.com
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I heard from Ali, he said the plane was sold last week.
                      Thanks everyone for the interest.

len
                      Len Buffinton
                      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I misspoke in my earlier post, it needs a JetCat SPT-15, if you can find one it will run around $7000.00 and it has gobs of power to haul anything for a few minutes
                        My SPT-5 puts out 55lbs of static thrust and tows great with smooth continuous power.

Jeremy and Ben
                        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Working...
                        X