Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let DG 1000 5.3 meter for sale at Cumberland

This a great fully-molded glider!
    It's especially great for someone new to aerotowing as it's at a good price, ready to fly, and not a hangar queen you'll be too scared to fly.

I purchased this from a pilot in Colorado that assembled the model and had about 6 aborted take-off attempt's using the SLS system. There's a bit of wear and tear from his attempts but nothing that affects flying. Nose tip over in the grass prevented take off with the SLS.
    He gave up and sold the model to me.

The glider's first flight was November 2018 via aerotow. It flew beautifully and without issue. It probably had 20 uneventful aerotows that weekend. It returned in May 2019 for some more fun and got it's first 1-hour soaring flight (not too hard to do at Cumberland!)

The SLS is currently non-operational but the new pilot should be able to quickly get it working if they desire. The issue is nose tip over due to the DG's long nose and CG location with respect to the landing gear. Take off becomes impossible in this nose down position. The glider comes with a launch dolly that prevents tip over if you want to keep at it...
    However, the lifted tips make aerotowing a breeze, especially for a greenhorn pilot.
    Batteries for the SLS and the RC equipment are included.

This glider is the same size as a 1/3 scale single seat glider (i.e. ASW 27, Ventus) but is technically 1/4 scale.
    I can bring it to Cumberland next weekend.

$2,000

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by pete914; 07-12-2019, 03:12 PM.
Working...
X