Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD: Bidule 170 w/ DA170 motor, pipes, many extras, complete, bind-n-fly $3850

FOR SALE: Bidule 170, 3.5 meter span, giant scale tow plane. Complete and ready to fly with DA170 motor, carbon prop, tuned pipes and all HV servos. Airplane is complete, used but in very good condition and totally gas-n-go. Nothing need to be done or repaired by the new owner save programming it into your radio.

Local sale NY/CT/NJ. Plane is available for delivery at the Cumberland Soar For Fun, October 31-November 3. Can meet up in PA on the drive to Cumberland along the I-81 corridor.

$3850 complete

SPECIFICATIONS:
    • Span: 137”
    • Length: 108”
    • Wing Area: 3047 sq. in.
    • Wing Airfoil: NACA 2414 mod
    • Flying Weight: 45 lbs.
    ALL HV SERVOS / ELECTRONICS:
    • Ailerons (2), Flaps (2), Elevators (2), and Tow Release all Spektrum A6260 high-torque HV
    • Rudders (2), Throttle, and Choke all Spektrum A6150 HV
    • Steering is a Spektrum S9020HV 1/5 giant scale servo with the incredibly strong, machined aluminum “Stewart” custom steering system. Exceptionally durable - https://www.scalesoaring.com/bidule-...o-saver-soluti
    • PowerBox Systems SparkSwitch set at 5.9v for the DA170 ignition system
    POWER / AIRFRAME:
    • Desert Aircraft DA170 engine purchased specifically for the Budule, runs perfectly, never crashed or damaged
    • Custom aluminum CNC engine mount purchased specifically for the Budule
    • Two sets of KS Comfort Mounts for the exhaust pipes
    • Brand new set of MTW RE3 tuned pipes (just invested $450 plus shipping in these)
    • 100 oz main fuel tank with a 12 oz header tank
    • Air Models 29 x 12 3 blade carbon fiber prop
    • Spare carbon fiber prop with a very minor nick in one tip
    • Tru-Turn aluminum 3-blade spinner with lite backplate
    • Spare set of propeller bolts and brand-new extra prop bolt plate
    EXTRAS:
    • Set of REVOC heavy-duty, felt-lined custom wing bags and tail covers in excellent condition
    • Silver stretch fabric canopy sun cover
    • Fuselage bulkheads are each reinforced with additional cross bracing
    • Main landing gear bolt-plates are installed with additional ¼” birch aircraft ply, keyed together top and bottom with Hysol epoxy and then topped with an aluminum plate.
    • Fuselage bottom balsa sheeting replaced with plywood
    OPTIONAL:
    • If the buyer is a Spektrum or JR flyer, I will include the installed Spektrum AR 12120 PowerSafe receiver gratis
    • Additional brand-new main landing gear and nose gear are available for an additional $230 (selling for a friend)
    • Two spare 3-blade carbon props $170 for both drilled and ready to fly

$3850 complete!

PayPal okay as a personal transaction

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	140.1 KB ID:	30727
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	215.5 KB ID:	30726

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	165.2 KB ID:	30725

TopModel photo for size comparison...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	299.9 KB ID:	30731

Let's talk about it!

PayPal okay as a personal transaction

Thanks for looking
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Updated the post to offer Cumberland delivery. She fits in my SUV.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• Mosquito
      Mosquito commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta ask Steve, going to fly something else or just moving on?

Originally posted by Mosquito View Post
    Gotta ask Steve, going to fly something else or just moving on?
    I have a fleet of Bidule 111's (2 flying, one kit in reserve in my shop) that tow really well given they are speedy. I'm essentially going to be more 911 in my towing and less Cayenne. If the 170 doesn't find a home at this insanely good price, I'm more than happy to campaign it in 2019. The 170's are amazing tow planes!

Plus, I just took delivery of a 1:3 Foka, have a new Antares inbound and am somewhere on the ASH-31 list. Need to make some room in the shop!

Comment

SOLD! Thanks, everyone!

Comment

Working...
      X