This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold: Bidule 170 with DA-150 engine

Considering the increased number of pilots with tow planes here in the northeast and considering that I now am building a stable of scale sailplanes, I have decided to sell one of my Bidule 170's. As most of you are aware, my primary activity has been towing over the last 8 years. Having just completed Peter Goldsmith's 40% Schweizer 1-26 and soon to be completed Aviation Concepts 1/3-scale Schweizer 2-33, I need to make room in my trailer for something other than tow planes.

My first Bidule 170 was finished and test flown in March 2016 and the second Bidule 170 was finished and flown in March 2017.

Here is Bidule 170 #2 at Winamac 2017

Click image for larger version  Name:	Winamac 014.JPG Views:	1 Size:	119.9 KB ID:	24916

Bidule 170 #2 is now 1 year old and has 28 hours on the airframe. Every component in the plane was purchased new just for this plane. The first DA-150 engine had a problem and while it was being repaired, I purchased a brand new engine for this plane. I am keeping the repaired engine as a back-up.

Bidule 170 #2 has never been in an accident or had any airframe damage needing repair. It has worked flawlessly over this last year and has been used as the back-up plane to Bidule 170 #1.

Total cost of materials in this plane $6,500.00 (Not counting my labor to build it)

Here is a list of the componets

Bidule 170 Kit (First flight March 2017 – 28 hours on airframe)

DA-150L Engine (purchased new from DA on 6/5/2017 still under warranty)

5” Tru-Turn P-51 Aluminum Spinner w/lightweight backplate

Mejzlik 2-blade 30x12 carbon prop

KS 90mm drop headers (w/25mm added drop extension)

KS-95 rear exit canister mufflers (2)

KS canister mounts (4)

DuBro 100oz fuel tank w/viton tubing on klunk line

Jersey Modeler Fuel Valve and inline fuel filter

Electro Dynamics Switches (Ignition & Radio)

DuBro Wheels 8” mains (2) and 7” nose

Aviation Concepts Hydraulic Disc Brakes

Losi Monster Truck Steering servo saver w/ custom mount and linkage

Multiplex 6-pin connectors for wings and stab w/ custom made wiring harnesses

Titanium Pro-Link pushrods with DuBro 4-40 ball links

Sullivan quick attach/detach ball links on elevator control horns

Spektum S-9020 steering servo

Hitec HS-7955TG Servos (8) Ailerons, flaps, elevators, tow release, brakes

Hitec HS-5645MG servos (4) Rudders, choke, and throttle

Custom made wing and stab bags (wing tube stores in stab bag)

Custom “Scale Soaring.com” Graphics

Numerous airframe modifications to improve durability

***Asking $5,995.00*** Can deliver at Salem, Hammondsport, or Horizon Aerotow events
    Last edited by JimD; 04-02-2018, 04:12 AM.
    A Site for Soar Eyes

This is a turn key, truly Ready to Fly model. I can include the A123 batteries (3 packs of 2-cell 2,500mAh) with the package unless the buyer prefers some other type packs. The Electrodynamic switches have built in charge jacks which allow charging of the A123 packs without having to open up the hatch to remove them from the plane.

The plane also has an optical ignition kill. I also made up a wiring harness that allows the nose gear to run from its own battery pack but stopped using a separate pack because it did not draw excessive current. This wiring harness can be included too if desired.
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Part of my goal here is to put another reliable tug out there on the circuit immediately considering that the season is about to break open with lots of events coming close together.
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Mosquito
        Mosquito commented
        Editing a comment
        We are still getting pounded with snow storms up in the great north. Dreaming of a season starting soon........

I'll take it - if it is still for sale

Comment

• Mosquito
        Mosquito commented
        Editing a comment
        And where might the new home be for this Bidule?

• Mark S
        Mark S commented
        Editing a comment
        The new home will be in upstate New York, just 20 short minutes from Harris Hill, the "soaring capital of the world"!
        Come fly with us at Harris Hill!

• lenb
        lenb commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulation Mark,
        Happy to see the plane under your care.
        One correction though.
        SALEM CT, is now the Scale Soaring Capital of the Wold.

Mark took possession of the Bidule 170 this afternoon and it is now on its way to live in New York State. Thank you Mark for making this commitment to the scale soaring community...hope the Bidule 170 sees many years of service under your care!
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Mosquito
        Mosquito commented
        Editing a comment
        The word is Jim that you shed a tear as she drove away in the back of someone else's vehicle???

• JimD
        JimD commented
        Editing a comment
        We try not to get too emotional when we know they are going to a good home...to insure this, we have a lengthy interview process followed by an in depth background check...then there is the paperwork...don't even get me started on the paperwork!!!!

Our adoptions have gone to Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Michigan, Virginia, and New York.

• Mark S
        Mark S commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Jim for setting everything up for me. Got to fly it today and it was perfect! Towed Steve K' s Blanik for three flights before we nearly froze to death.
        You were correct, it really is a lot farther away from me than it looks!

Excellent Mark! Cant wait to see you fly it!

Steve K
      Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

I volunteer to be the first own towed! Congrats Mark!
        Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Mark S
          Mark S commented
          Editing a comment
          Too late, Steve beat you to it!
          I am so impressed with this plane and the set up!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0485.JPG Views:	1 Size:	114.4 KB ID:	25364Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0488.JPG Views:	1 Size:	179.7 KB ID:	25365 Marks Maiden and first tows. Mark trimmed it out, too three flights, then towed the Blanik three times. Great morning.
        Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Way to go Mark!
          Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• JimD
            JimD commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad all went well! Since sitting over the winter, we went over the plane as much as possible without actually flying it. Still...always good to know it performed as we had hoped it would.

Outstanding!! Ready for an 8 hour tow session? It is addictive. Congrats and enjoy!

Comment

• ARUP
            ARUP commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes... congratulations!

Nice! Time to grab my Bidule from the rafters. Oh wait, I need to plow about 18 inches of snow first to get to my pole barn!!!!! Nice job on the maiden. You will never regret buying that plane!

Comment

Working...
          X