Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOR SALE: AMR Tow Plane DA motor, canister, carbon prop, wing bags, RTF!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR SALE: AMR Tow Plane DA motor, canister, carbon prop, wing bags, RTF!

FOR SALE: My reliable AMR 50 tug with DA85 power Just $1200. Shipping is available in 3 boxes — fuselage, wings, tail group. Happy to answer questions!

DA85 motor, low hours and thoroughly checked out last winter at the DA shop in Arizona. KS front dump canister makes for quiet operation. Mejlik carbon prop. REVOC custom orange wing bags made for this model.
    • Span 104"
    • 2-piece wing
    • Wing area 2080 sq in.
    • Heavy duty custom wings bags from Revoc
    • Fuse length 80"
    • Tail unit is removable w 4 hex bolts.. TRANSPORTS IN A SMALL VEHICLE
    • Heavy duty main landing gear with Ohio Superstar MaxiLeaf tail wheel that turns on a dime.
    The size and generous wing area combine to make this ship tow much better/stronger than the Pilatus Porters that have had DA85 motors (and those did great).

Hitec and JR high-torque metal gear servos throughout. Electronic kill.

Just a fantastic tow plane. Can and regularly has towed 6 meter glass ships (a 6.6 meter Arcus if Len is coaching). Consistently lands like a pussycat. Just needs your receiver and batteries. Installed JR receiver DSMx, ignition pack, and/or flight batteries can be included for a very modest addition.

$1200. Can be delivered to any of our regional aerotow events or meet-up in the CT/NY/NJ tristate.

Thanks for looking.

amr by Steve Pasierb, on Flickr

IMG_1133 by Steve Pasierb, on Flickr
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

I saw this plane tow at the Salem event in May and it is a beast...it can get the job done!

This is a great price for a heavy hauling tow plane. I had several Porters with DA-85's on them and towed a 50% Bill Hemple KA-6 with them! The DA-85 is a very powerful engine, don't underestimate its ability.

You will spend a whole lot more to get any other plane with equal towing ability.
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Steve, I may have a good use for your plane, but I will have to convert it to electric power to use it. Would you be interested in selling the plane without the motor? Or alternatively, do you know of someone who might be interested in the motor so I could get an idea of what I might get for it if I sold it?
      Thanks,
      Vince

Comment

Hi. Vince. Yes. You may be interested to know that it was originally an electric tow plane. And it performed wonderfully on e power.

I am at the Cumberland event right now, so I would need a couple days to get back to you on details.

please pm me your email if you want to proceed. We can take the conversation off forum . Thanks.
        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Photos with additional details.......

Comment

• Mosquito
            Mosquito commented
            Editing a comment
            There was a day in which this towplane wouldn't have lasted a minute in the For Sale forums. Wow. If I didn't already have a fleet of tugs......

Plane is sold.

Comment

Working...
          X