No announcement yet.

Slope Soaring at White Crest Beach, Cape Cod - UMX ASK-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't we all set a date to get together there and do some sloping!! Summer traffic will be gone soon, so the place should be wide open.
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

now that sounds like a plan!!.

wish I could bring my Aquila I built back in 1979!

lets discuss in Vermont
      Matt

Comment

I'll be on the Cape Thanksgiving weekend for my daughter's hockey tournament. I'll try to give it a go between the games

Petr

Comment

Petr! Thats the attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by studioRS View Post
            Petr! Thats the attitude.

I don't get out much so I need to take advantage of every opportunity I get

Comment

hey hey Petr....if you beat me there, do a report too! Will try to get there sooner than later though

Comment

Originally posted by hello82 View Post
                hey hey Petr....if you beat me there, do a report too! Will try to get there sooner than later though

Will do Matt

Petr

Comment

still have not made it out to the cape sadly!!!...but winds were up and gusty today locally so decide not to fly a larger powered mustang at the local flying field, and just went and took it easy and flying my easy glider off the slope in west roxbury...at millenium park. It is a rounded off land fill so you can pretty much fly on all wind directions....

This time on the opposite side as last time , winds were from the NE today. Had 3 decent 20 minute flights or so. Lots of figure 8ths and keeping somewhat close in on this very shallow side of the hill. Could get about 200 ft max on lift which is perfect for me on a slope.

Mixed in some rudder on the ailerons and it flew then better too...but still lots of manual rudder need too. Tried some ballast on the CG but it seemed to over due it on a trial flight, so just landed right away and added a hair in the nose. It was hovering quite a bit in the gusts. Overall it really felt great to get out and slope again in between all the cool aero towing lately!

Comment

locations are cool for flyers.

Comment

nice flyer dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X