Slope Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slope Videos

Len asked me a while back to add some color to the forum. I'm trying, but all I seem to do is post up geeky scale documentation information and data—I need a vacation!

How's this for a change? Post up your favorite slope video, here's one to kick it off.
    Cheers, Thompson

HELLO SPITZBÃœHL

I like it Thompson, makes me want to go find a mountain!

Jeremy and Ben
    SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

One of my favorite

Last edited by Guest; 02-26-2016, 04:11 AM. Reason: Fixed the coding so the video would work on mobile screen size
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

very cool....I flew many slopes growing up...wish I could find some in New England area now...will keep looking around... a few google tips in mid and Eastern Ma I need to check out....I think the Boston good one at Deer Island had the plug pulled by the state agency....I think? and the Cape is tough in the summer with parking and beach dune erosion issues

Comment

Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Massive planes.

Comment

I have to add the Arcus, I believe it was posted before the web page crash!

Jeremy and Ben
              SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Wow, that dude chucks an $8,000 dollar glider (probably more $$) of the side of the cliff. No motor, 100% commitment. I don't know if i could do that with a $100 plane LOL. Awesome flying and scenery where do you think they land?
                I like this one, old but good. Weird music

Comment

some awesome videos there! Did he scrape the tail on the rocks with the arcus on take off on the super high mountain one? Love the tandem flying too, Rock on! ...need to find some decent NE slopes!!

I'm out in Los Angeles this week....these have inspired me to seek out Torrey Pines or something around here just to check out live!

Comment

Written, composed, played and sung by my best flying buddy;

model sailplanes set to music written and performed by chris Gregg

Comment

Here is a video I made of My Fauvettes first Visit to a Slope

Comment

And Here is my Cirrus and its Fisrt visit to the slope, I had a couple flights the day before and had much better conditions I underestimated the lack of lift on this occasion, woops

Comment

Cool video Alexis.
                          I imagine when the lift is booming that must be quite a place to fly. Better than a hard drop off!!

Len Buffinton
                          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by lenb View Post
                            Cool video Alexis.
                            I imagine when the lift is booming that must be quite a place to fly. Better than a hard drop off!!

It is a really amazing slope with lift that when the direction is square on will go out further than you can see, and then like we had Tuesday where the wind wasn't strong but the thermals were so you just made sure you launched when it was good and made sure you had enough height to get you through the lulls between thermals, there are a few sites along this stretch of coastline too so it's almost always worth the drive

Comment

Working...
                            X