"Just a little sanding and you can cover it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Just a little sanding and you can cover it"

Well after 35 or so lbs of sanding dust and a little better than 3 weeks work she is finished. The 12 year old bare bones fuselage isn't bare anymore. If it weren't for Gunny's egging me on and giving me so much help it would still be a home for starving spiders, they have all been evicted, I think. I can not wait to get her into the air. Again, Gunny thanks so much for your time and help!!

Very Nice!!! I built one for a friend last year and we flew it at Huntsville. You're going to love it.

Comment

• JimD
      JimD commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Art,

I remember it well...and I enjoyed your build thread. Looks like I will get to see this one fly at the Sky High Event in a week and a half.

Congratulations Rick,

Glad to see you guys kept at it. I did notice your right arm was thinner than your left arm from all the sanding.

Are you bringing it to Muncy next week?

len
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Rick Da Animal
      Rick Da Animal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes if the sky gods will let me!

Rick, I think I see a Subway commercial here...satisfies your hunger but won't slow you down...how far into the night did you guys work?

BTW, love the color scheme!
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Rick Da Animal
      Rick Da Animal commented
      Editing a comment
      I left Gunny's at around 00:00 lol
      I found the colors on the 1-26 Asociation.com website
      Last edited by Rick Da Animal; 05-26-2015, 01:05 PM.

No problem Rick was fun working with you it sure was a build a thon or should I say Sand a thon.
    Gunny
    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

The aileron hinges are epoxied in and secure. They were done last night and this morning I checked them and they're all free moving. All We need now is Rick to come over and program the radio and do final weight and balance.
      Whenever your ready Rick.

Get R' done.
      Gunny
      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Had the first flight today and two others. All went well,no surprises. I stopped shaking after the first flight. It felt good to get some of the rust off my fingers. Special thanks to Gunny's towing service.

Comment

Good job at the controls Rick... congratulations, its been a long time waiting.
          "just like riding a bicycle"
          Gunny
          Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Sweet!! Hope to see it at Muncy. It is an incredibly photogenic site with great thermal generators all around it.

Comment

Working...
            X