Need wing rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need wing rod

I have recently completed an S2G ASW 27 4.2 meter. On the third flight I bent the steel tube wing rod that came with the sailplane. It was, as I found out in removing it from the fuselage, very soft steel. As a result I am in need of a new wing rod. Would prefer carbon fiber solid rod. It is 18 mm in diameter. Does anyone have a source for this or a used one they might like to sell.

Thanks for any help or suggests.

Mike Lonnecker`

Have you checked Aerospace Composite Products and also CST - The Composites Store?

You can also look for 18mm ejector pins and drill rod, both good for wing rods. McMaster Carr is the best place to start, also Global Industries, PCS Ejector Pins, etc.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Steve

Thanks for the reply. I checked with CST at the AMA show, but they were unable to help. However, I also talked with Aloft Hobbies and they said they could order me an 18 mm pultruded carbon fiber rod. It might take 6 to 8 weeks but they could get it. The price was reasonable so it is on order.

Aloft was very helpful, thanks to them. For info to all they are located in Novato CA Web site; www.alofthobbies.com

Mike

Comment

Wayne and his staff at Aloft Hobbies are all first rate. They are the leading source in the US for FrSky transmitters and receivers as well. They are at the top relative to customer service. Wish they were into large scale gliders--maybe someday.

Comment

I believe this is what you are looking for. I need to order one myself.

ACP Composites provides an extensive range of high performance, light weight carbon fiber rods for use in a wide variety of industries and applications. Our selection includes Carbon Fiber Solid Round Rods and Carbon Fiber Solid Rectangular Rods. Available in standard and custom sizes, our composite rods exhibit outstanding strength, durability, lightweight and rigidity.

Comment

You could also get one from LET Model - http://www.letmodel.cz/gallery-accessories.htm

I ordered a carbon wing rod for my DG808 and got it in about 2 weeks - 18mm x 560mm
            Shipping was a little more though.....

Comment

Working...
            X