No announcement yet.

Dave Smith/Tom Martin 1/4 Scale Hall Cherokee Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You should see that card in mailbox in 3-4 days!

Comment

• To follow up on my earlier post regarding Gene Cope's 1/3 scale build of Dean Gradwell's N72DG, Gene has finished the project and final pictures are here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=144

Teaser:

Comment

• Stunning! A bonus is it will be easy to see at altitude compared to an opaque paint version!

Comment

• What a beautiful sailplane, and a wonderfully documented build!

I spent a few hours today reading through this build thread and saving a few photos of some key items in anticipation of getting back into building R/C airplanes after a serious hiatus - I've got plans for a 1:3.5 Slingsby Sedbergh T21, and a kit may get purchased in the next 30-60 days.
          [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

• Thanks TJ I really appreciate the kind words. Are you the same TJ from RCSB? If so hi from over there. Either way welcome to this forum and back to modeling. Get that kit and dive back into it!!!

Comment

• Yessir, I am one and the same. I suppose I should really get back to my Fairey Firefly build, but that one is far more complicated than the Sedbergh would be. And to be honest, I'm a much better sailplane pilot than I am a "Heavy Metal" pilot.

Comment

• ingrahal
                ingrahal commented
                Editing a comment
                You've come to the right forum then! Looking forward to following your build.

BTW Aerotow is the best of both worlds. I've been towed by Jeremy's (Swiss1) Turbo Porter!!!! The smell of jet fuel and the sound of the turbo-prop is awesome!!!
                Last edited by ingrahal; 07-11-2017, 06:28 AM.

• As it stands I have the weekend of the NARCA Aerotow off in October and I'm planning to attend, even if I'm just there as a spectator/photographer.

Comment

• Glad to know you will make the Huntsville Aerotow TJ, you too can have a tow from the Turbine Porter

Jeremy and Ben
                SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• I'll only be there as a spectator this year, unfortunately.

Comment

• ingrahal
                    ingrahal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We'll just have to stick a Tx in your hands then.

• Heads up if you have access to the Vintage Sailplane Association magazine "Bungee Cord", there is an article on Gene Cope's beautiful rendition of Dean Gradwell's N72DG.

DS

Comment

• ARUP
                    ARUP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice! And thanks! I'll have to see what's up with my membership. I keep forgetting...
                Working...
                X