X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Model Swift 1 3.73m

Top Model Swift S-1 3.73m

Hi Fellows
    i am somewhat new to this part of our sport. I have just bought this particular airframe and will plan to get it ready for next season. I have been having a lot fun with my Eflite electric Mystique this year and have decided to make this next step in gliding. Me and my buddy are interested in getting our airframes in the air by towing.
    I have already acquired a tow plane, which is an offshoot of a Talorcraft. It has a WS of 112" and a Zenoah 38 for power. I have also purchased the hardware from Top Model to add the hook to the Tow plane.
    So I am wondering if any of the members here have any experience or build tips on this airframe. I plan to use the stock sizes and specs that Lenka puts in the instructions, but probably in the JR line of servos.

Looking forward to
    assembling this and a thanks for any help you can give me.

Alan
    Last edited by AKB; 10-08-2015, 03:04 AM.

Hi Alan,

I also have a 3.7m Swift, although I'm not sure of the manufacturer as I bought it second hand. This was on the cover of Sport Flyer Magazine a few years ago and topic of the review. I believe Etienne at Icare-rc was having them produced under his name, maybe by Top Models? Mine is a fiberglass fuse with foam core -obeechi covered wings.

The plane flies very well and performance is quite good for a smaller sailplane. Landing this little hotrod is straight forward and very stable.

The Zenoah should be enough power to tow the Swift, but be careful the first few times since the Swift will be a slippery ship compared to something like a Mystique.
    You'll love the plane and really fall in love with aerotowing.

Where are you located?

LEN
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Hi Len
      Thanks for your thoughts on this and relaying your experience. Yes description of your airframe sounds the same as what I have received.
      I live in Calgary, Alberta.

Alan

Comment

Working...
      X