LET wing snap in locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LET wing snap in locks

so is there a secret to rebuilding a let wing locking assembly that is built into the fuse. it has a spring with 2 balls that click into the wing male spike for attachment. on one side the spring will not return back to retain the balls when not in sue and when in use the wing will not feel clicked into the balls with pressure from the spring.. it is not an adjustment of the wing insert side as i have taken it off the wing and tried it by hand still no locking to hold going on.

let after a week and 2 emails fails to respond... hope for help here.

my option is to cut the female spring side built into the fuse and leave a shoulder to have the wing threaded rod pass through and use a washer with wing nut for retaining the wing root to fuse.

The problem is the retainer inside has snapped into the lock position and needs to be pulled out to the ready position. This happens every one in a while.
    The easiest way to pull out the inner sleeve is to modify a pair of hemostats . Cut some "teeth" into the hemostats on the outside of the jaws. ( your basically making a revers pair of pliers.
    A few passes with the Dremel will do the job. Then insert the hemostat into the mono block ( thats what their called ) and pull part the hemostats so they are pushing outward. Then pull the sleeve out until it clicks in place.
    Keep the tool in your flightbox for the next time.

Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

thanks len i will give it a try.. off to maiden the bidule today wish me luck...

Comment

Good Luck. I bet it will fly well

Steve K
        Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

flew like a trainer and landed like a feather

just some down elevator trim and a bit of down elevator trim on full flaps and im good to go.. now to run some fuel through it and get the carb just right. factory settings are good enough to fly well though.. just a bit on the rich side for now...

and only 1 flight short but great and by noon hitting 90 plus deg already....

Comment

Working...
          X