Dustin's building a Skylark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dustin's building a Skylark!

Got to start on the Skylark today! Cut out all the wing parts and got much of one wing panels ribs and sheer webs glued into place. So far so good.

Awsome, post pictures and we will follow.
    Gunny
    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Sweet, been looking forward to this one.
      Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Excellent Dustin,
        I enjoy seeing the various build threads progress, Its nice to see another Skylark hitting the building board
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

just finishing mine. It looks like it's gonna be great!

Comment

I'm in to watch the progress. I've got one, too. I hope to start it after finishing other projects.

Comment

Thanks for all the interest! MarkRobbins Good to hear your finishing your Skylark. Can you share some pics?

This evening I was able to get the trailing edge installed on wing panel #1.

Comment

Originally posted by DustinI View Post
                Thanks for all the interest! MarkRobbins Good to hear your finishing your Skylark. Can you share some pics?

This evening I was able to get the trailing edge installed on wing panel #1.
                I will. traveling for work several of the next few days and then hoping to maiden it on the slopes late next week.

Comment

Nice. Looking good. I have most of my wing framed up now. still need to do the sheeting but it is conimg along.

Comment

I now have a partially completed right and left center wing. The wing halves are not glued together yet. Just test fitting it. I'm always proud of myself when I remember to build a left and a right wing. :P

Comment

• ARUP
                      ARUP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you build two of the same side wing panels then you can always convert it to a gyrocopter!

• DustinI
                      DustinI commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've always wanted a gyrocopter!

Top sheeting on the center wing sections are done. This is the first time I've used the iron on technique to glue the sheeting on. What fun! I loved it! A few more rib caps and it's onto the bottom sheeting.

Comment

When Dustin started in R/C (at age 15), he wanted his trainer plane to be kit built instead of an ARF. His pick was a SIG Kadet Seniorita. He built it and soloed within two months!

I remember his dad looking into the kit box of wood sticks and saying, "Son, there is nothing in there that looks like the picture on the box!"

But like a true builder, Dustin could see the finished plane. He went on to build a Telemaster 40 and a Goldberg Electra before graduating high school and going off to college.

After a time away for college and getting established in the working world, he returned to R/C and building. His first new project was a SIG Four Star 60, then Peter Goldsmith's Sapphire, and now the Skylark...so...who says young people aren't interested in building anymore!

Congratultions on the build Dustin, we are proud of you!
                      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Thank you Jim, for the words and all the advice and encouragement you've offered me over the years. I can't imagine what my life would be like if you didn't invite me to the flying field that one Sunday all those years ago.

Back in the workshop. An outer wing panel is taking form.

Comment

Top sheeting on the right outer wing panel is complete. It's hard to get an entire wing half into a single shot.

Comment

You need a bigger....................... Camera?
                            Len Buffinton
                            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
                            X