No announcement yet.

FMS Fox electric sailplane - 3.0 meter new version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After getting home from the summer Cumberland soaring event I wanted to play with props for the fox. What I found today was an Aeronaut 16X 8 prop gives very good performance. Current draw at 63 Amps on a 70 Amp controller. The stock is 51 Amps. I will likely install another ESC... Perhaps 85 Amps. I won't fly full throttle all the flight so don't think I'll be stress anything too much. The increased Amp ESC is more for peace of mind. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

BTW... Motor is the 460 Kv Predator

Comment

I got one from Jeremy at this past weeks summer Cumberland and had a great time with it. After seeing Ali fly it last year, it seemed like a great model to play around with, and as Steve said, for getting over the slope with a motor, and not too big or too small, at a cheap price. I moved the battery forward and added 2 oz of weight to balance , but then removed, and moved battery back to original position after the maiden. Balances right out of the box with a 5000 battery.

I might even add more weight at CG for better slope penetration on higher winds. I did some medium speed runs with it and it whizzes by nicely...but not like the Carf DG800! LOL. It fly's great on still air and caught some thermals too.

Looking forward to playing around with it more.

cheers,
        Matt

Comment

Matt, I saw you Cruzin around with yours...BTW 16 X 8 prop does not need full throttle to move this Fox around at full throttle. For sure not a Carf DG 800. Still fun. I have a stabilization module to add and see what that does...
          Last edited by Soarntz; 07-23-2019, 10:24 PM.

Comment

I'm using a Spektrum 6S 7000 battery. I have a 6S 6000 from Motion RC to try.

Comment

Working...
            X