FMS Fox electric sailplane - 3.0 meter new version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS Fox electric sailplane - 3.0 meter new version

For those who attended the 2018 Cumberland Soar For Fun in November, you saw Ali from Horizon absolutely wring this puppy out. Literally trying to break the wings/airframe in flight. Good looking in flight, plenty of power, stable and performed beautifully. Weak white prop needs replaced. Every report is that it has none of the in-flight issues or tip stalling of, for example, the Multiplex Funray.

Yes, it's foam. If that's a downer for you, no worries. This is a no judgement zone.

Would be a fun plane for a small local site. I myself have my eye on one for the Cumberland slope, especially the March event. Always nice to have something big that can get out over the valley on its own power (or get home under power).

Horizon Hobby should have them up on their website in the coming days (they are an FMS dealer) and always, you can support Jeremy at The Model Box (see the banner ad at the top of this page).

Unboxing video replete with cheesy title page here...

And here is an earlier flight demo that skips the bikini but adds dramatic music they must feel is certain to motivate your wallet...

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

He did break it in flight.......threw a prop blade and took the front of the fuse off.
    TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

• Steve P
      Steve P commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, which was an issue of the cheap prop, not the plane. Congratulations, you win.

• Tom
      Tom commented
      Editing a comment
      And the prop was the one supplied with the airframe from the manufacturer......so....if anyone is planning to buy this plane do yourself a favor and throw the supplied prop out and upgrade it to a quality prop.

I’ll be getting one. “Submerged” hinges? That’s a new spin on knuckle hinging. This thing will be great at my “private” field.

Comment

Thank's for the plug Steve, I have them on order and will be bringing pre-orders to the Cumberland spring event, so if you want to get on the list please let me know!
      The Model Box (205) 978 8787
      Thank's

Jeremy
      SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

I'm already on the list... Thinking of Aeronaut 15 X 8? as a replacement. If I only knew what the max amps were on the "Stock" prop. The Grauper Cam props seem a bit thin to me and I would have to go to a 14 X 9 or 9.5. Thoughts?

Comment

Good question. I like to push my luck.

With the stock supposedly being a 15x7.5, I don't think a 0.5 increase in pitch would be a killer to go 15x8? Although, Aeronaut specs the CAM carbon at 9,000 rpm for the 15x8 and 11,000 for the 14x9.

I've always chosen the Aeronaut CAM over the Graupner CAM.
          Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking too. I'll have to check my box of props to see if I have a pair.

Comment

I'm finishing up a Topmodel Flip right now... Jeti Phasor Race geared motor. 2 meter span..... if I recall, a 14 X 12 prop

Comment

This model reminds of the phrase "neither fish nor fowl" -

It looks intriguing as a fly anywhere and anytime glider but the FMS Fox's soaring/gliding aspect interests me the most.

I'm looking forward to reading or seeing user reviews of the model for their sense is it more of a large power model *or* how well does it soar ( not soar...?).

john s.

New Product FMS Fox 3m Wingspan Powered Sailplane Electric Sailplanes

Comment

I agree with you John. Will it soar or drop like other powered airplane when powered down. It is nice and flies well. Cheap enough too. Fly anywhere, might even slope but time will tell if it's a flying brick or not.

Comment

Can not wait to get mine from a couple videos I have seen not a floater but looks like a lot of fun to fly. May be a good windy day flyer on the mountain ??

Comment

“So beautiful it hurts my soul”

For those who have not yet discovered Captain Blaz and Pilot Robert of Slovenia on YouTube, this should be fun...

Comment

Our order arrives tomorrow, as the box is so large I may have to ship the pre-orders directly to you guys, reason being is that I will be coming to the March Cumberland event with Snatch and Michael so trailer space will be limited. I will reach out to you individuals tomorrow when they arrive!

Jeremy
                        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Well, good news, Ali advised me this morning that FMS took note of the prop failure that Ali encountered at the Fall Event in Cumberland and has redesigned them including a bush to spread the load

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fox.jpeg
Views:	565
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	33102

Jeremy
                          SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Jeremy, are the do the ones you received have this "redesign"?

Comment

Working...
                            X