40% sailplane servo selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,

The 7955 is max voltage of 6 V. Also, it has a lower torque rating. Also, it is .03 sec. slower over 60 degrees @ max V, doubt you be able to sense that though.

Welcome to ServoCity where you can get the parts you need to bring your ideas to life! From servos to switches, from actuators to Actobotics, we work hard to bring you the best components backed by unparalleled technical support
    Mark

Comment

The HS-7955TG is rated for operation between 4.8-6.0 volts while the HS-7954SH Is rated for operation between 6.0-7.4 volts. I have used both of these in my planes using A123 2-cell 6.6 volt packs with no problems at all. Here is a link to e Hitec site:

From economical sport to high end, ultra premium, we have the perfect high voltage servo for you!
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• JimD
        JimD commented
        Editing a comment
        BTW, my preference is for the HS-7955TG...just seems smoother to me because of the gear composition. Work just fine with the A123 packs.

Got the impression from Lens post that they both work at HV. If you run both at 6v, they are both rated the same torque. Is it better to get the HV whether you run it at 6v or 7,4v? That way if you upgrade to HV your servo is already there?

Steve K
      Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• JimD
        JimD commented
        Editing a comment
        My understanding is that the HS-7955TG is routinely used along with 2-cell LiPo packs with no problem. Was also told (by several people that should know) that electronics are identical, just different gears...but his is not stated by Hitec!

Yup.

Been operating them on HV for years. Its an untold truth. I actually did finally confirm it somewhere a while back.
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Guess all of what has been said lays question to published servo specs?
        Mark

Comment

You couldn't believe what you've read on the Internet and now you can't believe anything that's written on print! What's this world coming to?
          Gunny
          Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Originally posted by lenb View Post
            Yup.

Been operating them on HV for years. Its an untold truth. I actually did finally confirm it somewhere a while back.
            Here's some confirmation from one of the Hitec guys, in case anyone was skeptical.

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.
            Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

experience usually wins. I rather know someone who has actually done something than just reading about it.
              ( although that is what we're doing here isn't it)
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

In health care, this is known as an "off label" use.

Hitec has a new line of D servos that have direct replacements for the HS servos. Here is the one for the HS-7955TG

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Working...
                X