Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5M Asg29 CG questions

Hello

I have been working on a HF Model 5M Asg29 that I picked up second hand a few years back. Complete gut of all electronics and rebuild to make it like new again.

I have read up on the CG for this plane... listed at 84-85mm however I did see someone state that it's very nose heavy in that range. Someone mentioned flying at 98-100mm with still a slight pull out in dive tests?

Anybody here still flying the HF 5M Asg29 and like to chime in on their CG experience & testing,

Also, it looks like mine will come in right under 270oz. A little heavier than the ~260 listed on soaringUSA site... What weights have others experienced with theirs

Thanks
    Last edited by rcgman; 08-24-2015, 09:42 PM.

There was an HF 5m ASW 28 at the Delaware Aerotow this weekend. Although he was flying it with a motor installed, I would imagine the CG is pretty much exactly the same on those two models.
    I'll see if I can get Pete's e-mail for you, he may be able to help answer you're question.

The CG range on HF-Models planes are fairly conservative. ( as with most )
    Starting off at the recommended CG and moving back as you shake it out is always the best choice. Of course, if its a Hempel KA 6, just stick in an extra 12lb Ham and work from there.

LEN
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I would suggest using a CG calculator like Predim

Never been disappointed

Stephane
      Stéphane
      Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

I had my ASW28 CG at about 105mm from the leading edge to get it to fly correctly (minimal elevator input while in a thermal turn). It slowed down nicely and didn't exhibit any bad habits. Of course if you got too slow it would tip stall, but in a gentle way.

Scott

And for some entertainment....

Last edited by MarnochS; 08-27-2015, 12:06 AM.

Comment

rcgman -yes, the HF Modell ASG-29 5M, also called the Faltus ASG-29 (Faltus the owner of HF Modell) does specify CG at 84MM. I have one, and found the spec sheet, which has info on recommended CG, control surface throws, etc. I'm uploading it FYI just in case you don't have it. Hope this helps. Shaun Holliday
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X