Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    Have you had a chance to fly 'Mini' yet?

• SteveNeill
    replied
    I'm going to try the dunes first Jim.

Leave a comment:

• JimD
    replied
    Hi Steve, we posted your build thread on the website, check out the Home Page listing... https://www.scalesoaring.com/

Leave a comment:

• GunnyK.
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveNeill View Post
    I live by the beach and the dunes should work.
    Must be nice, I have to go to a land fill garbage dump to do that.

Leave a comment:

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    Rub it in... lol

• ErichS
    replied
    Can't wait for the flight report. Small is fun too

Leave a comment:

• SteveNeill
    replied
    I live by the beach and the dunes should work.

Leave a comment:

• ARUP
    replied
    You can probably slope that neat little sailplane off your house!

Leave a comment:

• SteveNeill
    replied
    A bit more painting done. Next up to install a cockpit, gauges, seat and interior as best I can at this size. Then wait for good weather and more test glides.

Leave a comment:

• SteveNeill
    replied
    It is and I started a 45 inch span Wakefield for fun. Pure dope, tissue and rubber band for power.

Convertering a freeflight model to RC is not something I can recommend. I was consistently damaging the structure as I man handled it installing and making mods. It was fun but I won't do it again.

I started painting the little plane. It still needs its skid, cockpit and I guess I'll have to sculpt a pilot. I ma a sculpture by tread so it shouldn't be too hard. I got the cabanes on the tail feathers and the wing. The wing is held on with magnets and will come off as strong as they are without the cabanes.

I still have more paint to do on the wings and mark the ailerons with a fine sharpie. I have decals too that came with the kit yet to apply.

Yesterday I fired up the system and gave her a toss into the wind over the lawn and found she was tail heavy. However I was able to use elevator to correct the pitch effectively and made a controlled landing without out mishap. She does fly and controls are very effective.

So I'll finish her up next week and when it warms up and we get some lift I'll head for the slope with her and that darn big Sinbad I still haven't flown yet.

1.45 oz FUW

Leave a comment:

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    Tissue and dope... how wonderful!

• SteveNeill
    replied
    I will do that for sure and I'm stocking up too for exactly the same reasons. I building the Wakefield next. I just love planes and things that fly.

Leave a comment:

• sheephunter
    replied
    Neat little project. When these things came out at Easy Built I sent them an email and asked if anyone had converted one of these to RC; the response I got was they weren't aware of it but were sure somebody would, with the availability of micro RC gear nowadays. You should send them some photos when you're all done. Easy Built has some really neat stuff and I'm stocking up on some of their kits for when I just don't feel like dealing with complex RC stuff for the moment.

Leave a comment:

• SteveNeill
    replied
    It's been awhile but I found time yesterday to finish the tissue covering and now it's ready for dope, final assembly and painting.

Leave a comment:

• SteveNeill
    replied
    Forum didn't show the pst until I posted a second time. Deleted.

Last edited by SteveNeill; 12-16-2018, 05:40 PM. Reason: forum double post error

Leave a comment:

Working...
X