Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scale fabric covering for Vintage Gliders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale fabric covering for Vintage Gliders?

Years ago I remember using Solartex. I think Coverite was another. I'm planing to scratch build a Slingsby T7 and I'm researching a covering I can iron on and maybe dope but I'm not sure what's out there today. Thank you for any help.

Oracover.de
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

If you can't find the iron on fabric you desire then I will be happy to let you know how I apply Sig's Koverall if interested. I love that stuff and would never go back to 'traditional' iron-on fabrics! I used to be a Supershrink Coverite kind of guy but the rolls that I have of it are only used to make rib tapes. Koverall takes paint well and is tough. My most current project, the Professor in the 'scale sailplanes' threads shows pics of it going on the structure.

Comment

Thank you very much ARUP. I'd like to know more for sure. Fire away and many thanks.

Comment

Hi Steve,

The fabric application process is demonstrated on the “Another T45 Swallow” thread starting at post #16.
          Its pretty similar to all fabrics that have to be glued on and sealed.
          Yet another PGD Slingsby T45 Swallow Click image for larger version Name: Slingsby Swallow lable.JPG Views: 1 Size: 73.3 KB ID: 24901 Major construction pretty

Comment

Originally posted by MarnochS View Post
            Hi Steve,

The fabric application process is demonstrated on the “Another T45 Swallow” thread starting at post #16.
            Its pretty similar to all fabrics that have to be glued on and sealed.
            http://forum.scalesoaring.com/forum/...5729#post25729
            Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
            X