Build Thread of 1/4 scale Schweizer 1-26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Thread of 1/4 scale Schweizer 1-26

Hello all. My winter project is the build of a Schweizer 1-26. I know this plane well as I flew one for about 3 years - unfortunately I lost the plane early this past season so this build will be the replacement. I'm totally new at posting such a thread so please bear with me as I stumble forward. Just starting off on this so it may take some time. I would like to do a narrated set of pics but not sure if that is possible here. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Gliderhead; 10-06-2018, 06:48 PM.

Build thread of a 1/4 scale Schweizer 1-26

Episode #1. Project introduction:

Last edited by Gliderhead; 04-01-2019, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Air Bear's new ride!!! 😎
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Hi Don,

Just like RC Groups, you can link and display a video right here. You cannot "upload" one per se as then the site has to pay for the ongoing storage of your video (again, same as RCG). YouTube is the most widely used source to upload and then link videos across the web.

See the photo below. When making a post here, simply click on the "A" in the top right hand corner of the window. That will display a full menu of features that include an icon with a film strip. Inserting the URL of your YouTube video displays the video in a big viewer right inside the post.

Thanks for sharing your build.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	30245
        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Episode #2.

Start of wing construction.

Last edited by Gliderhead; 04-01-2019, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Episode 3:

Comment

As Steve mentioned, most people use YouTube or maybe Vimeo but you managed to link to your Facebook video. I didn't know that was possible, interesting. Anyway I really like your narrated build-log format. Reading is like sooo last Wednesday :-) Anyway it will be nice to view this here on a proper forum, as you noted FB tends to screw around with the order of posts, although I notice you started here with episode 3?
              Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

Folks have advised they are not able to see the build videos because they are not on FaceBook. I've subsequently loaded the build thread on that site so that all have access. Sorry for any inconvenience caused but I'm new at this video stuff. More as available

Comment

Episode #4 :

Comment

Episode #5 - Left wing completion

Comment

Episode 6 - build log of quarter scale Schweizer 1-26. The right wing is now complete.

Last edited by Gliderhead; 04-01-2019, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Love the use of the laser-level, very tech.
                        Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

Episode 7 of the build log - the Fuse basics.

Last edited by Gliderhead; 04-01-2019, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Episode 8 - Nose cone, forward end of fuse fairing, glassing, elevator alignment:

Comment

Working...
                            X