No announcement yet.

Delro Foka 4 @ 1:3 scale build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Steve! How about a picture with the canopy open with the draw slide...
    Gunny
    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Tale of the tail.

i realized that the white and red flag of Poland isn’t going to show up well on my white and red design, so I went with something different via the round graphic at the top of the rudder. SP is the registration prefix for Poland. Piwo is Polish for beer...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	84.3 KB ID:	33191

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	111.6 KB ID:	33192
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Originally posted by gunny11 View Post
        Nice Steve! How about a picture with the canopy open with the draw slide...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	33194
        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• gunny11
          gunny11 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is slick! If your a few inches short on a spot landing contest you can simply slide the canopy open...

Nice looking Foka Steve!
        Mark

Comment

Steve,

Just awesome, cant wait to see these at the field!

Steve K
          Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Super nice glider, Steve. This should really be one-of-a-kind. Love the graphics!

Mike

Comment

• ARUP
              ARUP commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm thirsty!

Nursing a bit of jet lag after traveling home yesterday from a week in Germany. Decided to get a couple hours in the shop before heading out again this coming week.

I had to replace the right airbrake. Etienne at ICARE secured a set of 400mm brakes from Schambeck and I did the deed of removing the existing (@#$&!) and installing the new. That provided the opportunity to finish the graphics since they span across the brakes. I couldn’t be confident that the new right airbrake cover would have the same alignment had the graphics been installed first.

It’s always noticeable when large graphics on airplanes do not align from one panel to another. My approach is to take an extensive set of measurements backed by the belt and suspenders approach of also pulling a line when it’s time to do the second panel. Here you can see me double check the alignment with spider wire.

Finally, what I call the hinge approach to install large graphics. Get everything aligned perfectly and taped down with the backing she still on, measure again, then remove all tape ecept at the leading edge where I actually double up. Then, remove the backing and mist everything with a ton of water and hinge down the graphic front to back.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	128.5 KB ID:	33683

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	33684Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	169.8 KB ID:	33685

Comment

Getting closer. One of those “need a bigger workshop” moments. This thing is massive for 1:3.

Debut will be in Salem...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	84.2 KB ID:	34850

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	119.1 KB ID:	34851

Comment

• ARUP
                ARUP commented
                Editing a comment
                There is a good picture of a Foka in the most recent issue Number 154 of VGC News page 53.

Time for an update. A couple shots upon completion and maiden at the New England Aerotow in Salem, CT...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	228.3 KB ID:	38684

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	273.1 KB ID:	38685
              Last edited by Steve P; 12-01-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

In-flight shots thanks to Jeff Duhaime. Sky High Aerotow, Muncy, PA...

Name:	
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	38687

Name:	
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	38688

Name:	
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	38689

Name:	
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	38690

Name:	
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	38691

Name:	
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	38692

Comment

My priority for this winter building season is to sell those planes I'm not flying and to carefully go through all those I'm keeping to make any repairs, adjustments or upgrades.

Today, I swapped out the Foka's PowerBox Gemini II for the new Source with an auxiliary OLED screen. The Foka does not have a huge power draw by any means, but this was an easy and cool upgrade. The Source feeds a PowerBox PowerExpander SRS so the plane has both redundant power sources and serial dual receivers.

Name:	
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	38694

Comment

That is a slick sailplane, nice Steve!
                    Gunny
                    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Very nice Steve.

The PowerBox Source is the replacement for the PowerBox BaseLog ?

Comment

• Steve P
                        Steve P commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, the Baselog is no more. This is a new design to feature telemetry, but also smaller, larger heatsink, optional external display, etc. It can be controlled by the CORE transmitter.
                        Last edited by Steve P; 12-01-2019, 07:32 PM.
                    Working...
                    X