Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slingsby T-37 Skylark ~ 1/3-scale model by Peter Goldsmith Designs

Peter started with a design concept:
    * Complete kit must be under $1,000 and hopefully under $800.
    * Must have low parts count and easy for a first time scale kit builder to construct.
    * Must be around 1/3-scale or span of about 4.5 meters.
    * Must fit into average size vehicle without the need of time consuming assembly/disassembly.
    * Must offer options of both aerotow and self launching.
    * Must have excellent parts prefabrication so no need for complex cutting and/or fabrication.
    * Must be simple to build without the need for jigs and/or custom fixtures.
    * Must have excellent flight characteristics but yet be easy for a beginner to fly.
    * Must be an appealing full-scale design, but unique in that it has not been commonly modeled.
    * Must be easy to physically handle, easy to pick up and to carry.

A very tall order to say the least...but here it is!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2659.JPG Views:	1 Size:	87.1 KB ID:	27742

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2658.JPG Views:	1 Size:	151.0 KB ID:	27743

Last edited by JimD; 07-10-2018, 08:13 PM.
    A Site for Soar Eyes

And the kit price is $750!!!

Now the question is, how many kits should he make???
    Last edited by JimD; 09-04-2018, 04:13 AM.
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

It sounds like Pete set off to design a kit just for me! I don't know where I'll build it or store it but I'll take one!

Thanks Pete.

Dan

Comment

My dilemma is if I can only order one kit do I go for the Swallow or the Skylark 1? Space and transport is not an issue.

Comment

• JimD
          JimD commented
          Editing a comment
          Swallow kit is available immediately, so build it now and then get the Skylark and build it this winter. No problem...glad we could help! 😎👍

• MarnochS
          MarnochS commented
          Editing a comment
          First rule in Government spending......why buy one when you can buy two at twice the price.........but in this case this case its only 5/8th.- ( optimistic view ) ..........or for the negatively inclined .....170 % more

Beautiful plane. JimD in SoCal we don't know what winter is. We only know when we see snow boards on top of cars going north.
        Jim G

Comment

• JimD
          JimD commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem...when you spot snow boards on top of cars you know winter building season has started. 😃

This kit will be a limited production run like the others.
        If you are interested in owning one, contact me directly and I'll get the reservation made. Deposit is required to secure your position on the list.

LEN
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• JoeN
          JoeN commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking plane! Has the need to know date been set yet? No hurry. I live in the winter part of the country.

Are there any more photos of the plane, particularly the nose and cockpit area?

Dan

Comment

No super rush Joe. I’m going to be cutting kits in August . Just let Len know sometime in August.

Comment

Comment

Looks great Pete !

Comment

Comment

Comment

If you are interested please contact Len Buffington in the coming weeks and we will get you on the list.
                    price is $700 plus shipping.
                    Lens email:

Lbuff1@comcast.net

Comment

Comment

Ok Peter. Where were you hiding this plane? We searched your shop pretty thoroughly at your party during the H Aerotow!

Tim

Comment

Working...
                        X