No announcement yet.

Slingsby T-37 Skylark ~ 1/3-scale model by Peter Goldsmith Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was sitting on the bench in pieces Tim, if you guys all got together you could have built it and found out what it was...😜

Comment

Pete, do you happen to know the dimensions of the box the Skylark kit will be in? I would like to maybe figure out if it will fit in my little car that is already pretty full.
      Thanks,
      Dan

Comment

• Pgoldsmith
        Pgoldsmith commented
        Editing a comment
        6” x 12” x 48”

Box is 12" wide x 6" tall x 48" long.
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• DanR
        DanR commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jim!

Got more information on items needed to complete this model.

First, the servos. There are 2 elevator, 2 aileron, 2 spoiler, 1 rudder, and 1 tow release.

Spektrum servos recommended are A7020 for elevators and spoilers, A7050 for ailerons, A5060 on rudder, and A6320 for tow release.
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Swiss1
        Swiss1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can I help you with your list Jim?

Does that mean we will need a regulator for the elevators and spoilers if we plan to power it with Lipos? The 7020's are not HV servos. Or can we run 7050s all around?
      Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• JimD
        JimD commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem running all A7050 servos on elevators, spoilers, and ailerons...the A7020's are for the budget minded (but as you mentioned, they would require a voltage regulator if using a LiPo battery for power).

Motor system:

Motor:
      Power 32 Brushless Outrunner Motor, 770Kv
      (EFLM4032A)

Speed Control:
      60-Amp Pro Switch-Mode BEC Brushless ESC (V2)
      (EFLA1060B)

Prop:
      14 x 8 Folding Prop with Aluminum 38mm Spinner
      (EFLP14080FA)

Motor Battery:
      14.8V 4000mAh 30C 4S LiPo, 12AWG: EC3
      (EFLB40004S30)
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

The A7050 servo weighs 0.7oz while the A7020 weighs 0.5oz. ~ less weight in the tail = less weight in the nose

If you use a LiFe pack, then the high voltage is not an issue.

Also, the A7050 servo uses a plug-in lead while the A7020 is a standard fixed lead (accounts for part of the weight difference). The plug-in lead us a bit bulky compared to the standard fixed lead and this makes installation a bit more of a challenge.
        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

We are currently working with Peter and Jeremy Hartmann (Swiss1) of the Model Box to assemble a package of all items needed to finish this model. All servos, motor, esc, prop, pushrods, clevises, etc.
          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

I just want to mention that if you are motorizing this model, the folding prop EFLP14080FA that Pete recommends, is on backorder until the end of September! If you want to order the finishing equipment with The Model Box please let me know ASAP so I can BO the prop assembly for you!
            Thank's.

Jeremy
            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Wheel size for the self launch dolly?

Comment

4-1/2" DuBro Wheel
                A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Jim just informed me that the fall away assembly is made up of 2 wheels!

Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel.jpeg
Views:	296
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	28405

I am compiling a complete finishing list with the help of Jim as he gets into the build, so please be patient and I should be able to post it next week on this thread. Dan and John you are already on that list!

Jeremy
                  SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Any videos or flight reports on his model?

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

At this point, Peter has his prototype flying and he does have two short video clips. I am building the first kit now and hope to have it ready for the Aerotow in Muncy, PA next month. The climb performance with motor is similar to the rate of climb of the Radian XL. Not bad for using a 4-cell LiPo motor pack!
                      Skylark will ROG using a detachable wheel for those needing self-launching capability. Tow release mechanism does not interfere with the motor system. Both can be sided with no problem.

Jim
                      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Thanks for the response Jim, already have my deposit in for a kit. Looks like it will be a floater. Just wondering how the motor, ESC and battery are cooled. I don't see any vents or exits in the photos in this thread.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X