Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    *drool* Beauty! I bet you are dying to fly it!!!

• Mark9
    replied
    OK, at your request even though it has been raining off and on most of the day here. But, I did have to assemble it in the house...sure takes up the living room! More to come in the next few days. Didn't want to get it wet the first day I have it!

Leave a comment:

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    No pictures??? How cruel! lol

• Mark9
    replied
    Received my 4.8 meter 2CX today. Boy, they pack them well at SUSA. It took almost an hour to get it out of the box. Very nice work and the quality shows. Now to start the assembly work and I might need to do a few mods as well. Maybe pull-pull to the rudder and I will need a servo mount for the retract gear.

Leave a comment:

• 68mustang
    replied
    After sheeting an open structure wing is glassing with 1oz 'glass okay to use vinyl for the finish?

Leave a comment:

• xmllzxwj
    replied
    Thank you for your visit.I think the kenteer vinyl is the best vinyl suplier.The quantily is very good. You can visit its website,here is the link you can see. http://www.kenteer.com/heat_transfer_vinyl_sheets.html ,And heat transfer stickers is very good with low price. http://www.heattransferstickers.com/...ersey_p38.html

Leave a comment:

• Mark9
    replied
    Well, I'm disappointed. I found out today the Ventus 2CX 4.8 m. that I want was not in stock as Alex thought, their stock count appears to have been off. It will be 3-4 months before it could be delivered and the ASW-22 is still 2 months out for delivery. The question I'm now pondering is should I wait and get the Ventus, which would mean not having a big (relative term) ship for the Mickey Sullivan? The other option is to order the Paritech Cirrus from Icare, but it doesn't have a retract installed, it is a non-flapped ship though (simpler to set-up and fly). I'm not educated on which retract to buy nor how to install one and I had thought the Ventus was my best choice. Any comments would be accepted now on which route to take...early Christmas present of the Ventus?

Leave a comment:

• Mark9
    replied
    Thanks for the link Bryan it made me do some shopping. After some some Googling I found a supplier that didn't hit me for over $10 for a single 5 yd. roll. That is almost enough to the entire wing bottoms completely, assuming no mistakes. Even with a two roll order the S & H is still under $10. S & H kills many a supplier for me when you want a small quantity of materials for a hobby project, really stings when the items you need are way less than the S & H and you can't find anything else on their site to amortize the cost.

https://www.brilliantvinyl.com/ORACA...ermediate-Cal/

Leave a comment:

• edfmaniac
    replied
    There are also some good graphics guys in the rc car industry who might be able to help if you want printed vinyl. They can import logo files from the various manufacturers you use and totally customize the vinyl. Here's an example from a racing buddy of mine.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BryanB
    commented on 's reply
    I've used US Cutter for my vinyl needs. Never had a problem with them. https://www.uscutter.com/Intermediate-Vinyl

• Mark9
    replied
    Thanks Jim I have used the wet method to apply Monocote trim and it was quite easy, sure stopped the bubble problem. Now to find a sign shop.

Leave a comment:

• jfrickie
    replied
    I applied the blue vinyl on my Ventes wings using windex then wiping it down with paper towels to get the excess and then drying overnight....works really well

Leave a comment:

• Mark9
    replied
    Thanks for the tip Jimon take off, I'll be watching for it if it starts to happen. White for me goes incognito against the blue sky in certain conditions. The luminosity of the white in the shade is the same a the blue sky behind and basically becomes invisible. I plan to apply some dark sign vinyl to the underside of the wings. That is another topic I need to research. I've heard that it can be applied wet or dry, but I'm not sure what is the best method for good results.

Leave a comment:

• JimD
    commented on 's reply
    I owned one of the Ventus models and it was nicely made...problem for me was that the wings were very hard to see at certain angles in the sky. Also prone to tip stalling, but not an unacceptable issue. Need to be careful on launch, if a wing tip catches be ready to release immediately, otherwise model will whip back and flip over.

• MikeW
    replied
    Check the Discus and Ventus out at Esprit, made in Czech. very nice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X