• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangar 9 ASH 31 ~ 6.4m ARF

So here it is gentlemen, what you all have been waiting for

Hangar 9 ASH 31

Features
    • Pure scale glider or electric powered sailplane option
    • Fully molded to deliver the utmost in precision fit, low weight, and outline accuracy
    • Constructed with layered carbon-fiber and other premium composites
    • High-gloss, painted in the mold for an outstanding appearance
    • Four-piece wing with wing bags for ease of transportation and storage
    • Heavy-duty carbon-fiber main wing joiner block and carbon-fiber wing tip joiners
    • Removable stab allows storage to be as compact as possible
    • Factory installed control horns, completed flight control and gear door hinging, and more
    • Hidden, quick-release clear-canopy hatch mechanism, installed
    • Factory-installed, proportional electric spoilers
    • Factory-installed, carbon-fiber electric retract with aluminum wheel hub
    • Giant-scale, tow-release mechanism included (servo required)
    • Integrated tail and wingtip wheels with fairings
    • Complete hardware to finish the minimal assembly required
    • Decal set included

Giant-scale soaring is a premier model aviation activity that allows RC pilots to grasp everything sailplanes have to offer in miniature. Nothing compares to the thrill. Even standing on the ground, the seemingly simple experience of your model finding lift is nothing short of breathtaking. The Hangar 9® Elite Series ASH 31 6.4m ARF is a giant-scale marvel that combines premium fully-molded composite construction with a high-level of completion to deliver a scale sailplane experience that’s simple with unexpected versatility.

The Hangar 9® Elite Series ASH 31 6.4m ARF sailplane delivers a premium giant-scale soaring experience with elegance and innovative convenience that makes flying a huge 252-inch wingspan glider simple. Like its full-size counterpart, premium composites meticulously combine with fully-molded construction to deliver a state-of-the-art design. As a result, unmatched airfoil accuracy is maintained while painstaking-engineering produces a strong, lightweight wing load for impressive performance capabilities. Fly it as an authentic scale replica or just for sport. Beyond the stunning appearance of its accurate outline, the fit and finish of every part creates a model that’s elegant in every respect.

Better than many all-composite aircraft in its class, a Hangar 9 Elite Series model offers a higher level of completion—all of the “hard” parts are done for you—so that your time at the workbench is minimal. Appointments like the special retract and electric spoilers come factory installed; all of the hinging is done including doors for the retract wheel. Even going further into detail, like on the cockpit, is made easier because we’ve already sourced outstanding partners in the industry to have quality options ready for you. Despite its dramatic 20-foot span, convenience features make the model easy to enjoy. The wings attach as four convenient panels with plug-in wing tips, and the stabilizer mounts with just a few screws. It’s a giant-scale thrill that packs up easily.

Haven’t got a tow plane available? No problem! Have a blast at the slope. Better still; the ASH 31 can be enjoyed as a self-launch motor glider. Just add the versatile E-flite® Power 60 brushless power system for launch performance that’s practically vertical. Combine use of the flaps and spoilers together and explore its STOL capabilities. Aerobatics wise, this ASH-31 will perform beyond the scale aerobatic book of sequences, especially when motor equipped. All combined, the Hangar 9 Elite ASH 31 6.4m glider is in a class by itself that sets a new standard in giant-scale soaring fun.

Hangar 9® Elite Series
    Hangar 9 Elite Series, like this ASH 31, is part of a bold new venture that offers only premium composite aircraft. All-molded full-composite construction ensures strength, lightweight, precision, efficiency and a premium finish unachievable by any other means. The result is an attention to detail that extends Hangar 9® manufacturing expertise while increasing your ability to enjoy a premium giant-scale replica at the highest level of finish and completion. However, these hand-made results take time and are naturally only available in small quantities. We highly recommend placing your order as soon as possible—it’s an easy, no-charge guarantee you can cancel at any time.

Motor-Glider Conversion
    To make the ASH 31 extremely versatile, an electric power system featuring an E-flite® Power 60, 470Kv motor and 90-amp ESC that uses either a single 4, 5 or 6S Li-Po battery can be easily installed. It allows the ASH 31 to launch without assistance and deliver powerful short-field takeoff performance. The recommended spinner is contoured to match the scale outline and, along with the propeller, can be painted so that it’s nearly invisible in flight.

All-Composite Airframe
    No painting or finishing is required. The outstanding fit and finish of an all-molded airframe is well known. Not only is it a tribute to the construction of the full-scale, it delivers accuracy that translates to high-strength, lift efficiency, and precision flight. Better than many all-molded composite aircraft in its class, the ASH 31 doesn’t include a hefty hardware bag weighted down with mystery components. Instead, the complete hardware kit included is minuscule because tedious parts of final assembly are done. Everything that needs hinging and precise fitting is complete, even on the landing gear doors.

Premium Accessories Included
    Hangar 9 Elite Series models are developed so that you can enjoy a premium experience as quickly as possible. On the ASH 31, this means that accessories such as retracts, spoilers and wing bags, for example, are factory installed, tested and packed in the box.

The Model Box is now accepting orders
    Jeremy
    SCCAAA TT TN
    Last edited by JimD; 05-25-2018, 09:36 PM.

Well, I'm in.
    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

I have pre-ordered some units, and Kevin makes number 1 on the list, just waiting for Tom Pack and all the rest of you guys to commit

Jeremy
      SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Can I be next after Kevin? 😎
        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Tom pack has made the commitment, so Jim you are #3 and we appreciate the order

Jeremy
          SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

After Blanik Sky and ASW20 Sky here comes the ASH sky, I think it will outnumber the ASW.

I flew it twice and the development team did an amazing job. Quality and strength are there.

The fuse is made with and amazing quality, wet seen assembly, very very nice model

Om my first flight on it I have been surprised and scared on how little distance is needed to take off, no need of cart either on paved or grass. Zero issues!!!

you should see the joiner it is a beast!!!

comes with tip weeks and covers...It got it all

Come me to the windy ridge to try it, and if you do, you will adopt it for sure, I will be very interest to know how fast that first shipment will sell!!!!

Stéphane
            Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

• BryanB
              BryanB commented
              Editing a comment
              Stéphane, would you say this one will be medium or fully aerobatic?

• French1
              French1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Brian

It depends what you mean, there is a video of Ali doing a 1000ft speed run inverted, loops and roll. That is not a Fox but it will do every regular aerobatics

Originally posted by French1 View Post
            After Blanik Sky and ASW20 Sky here comes the ASH sky, I think it will outnumber the ASW.

I flew it twice and the development team did an amazing job. Quality and strength are there.

The fuse is made with and amazing quality, wet seen assembly, very very nice model

Om my first flight on it I have been surprised and scared on how little distance is needed to take off, no need of cart either on paved or grass. Zero issues!!!

you should see the joiner it is a beast!!!

comes with tip weeks and covers...It got it all

Come me to the windy ridge to try it, and if you do, you will adopt it for sure, I will be very interest to know how fast that first shipment will sell!!!!
            You'll have one at Windy Ridge?!
            Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Peter is bringing one
              Stéphane

Comment

Here are some pics of the joiner that Stephane mentioned!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Ash1.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	26252Click image for larger version

Name:	Ash2.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	26253Click image for larger version

Name:	Ash3.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	26254

Jeremy
                SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Fantastic! Free shipping lower 48! Hope I wasn't too late for the initial order!

BB
                  Last edited by BryanB; 05-24-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Swiss1
                    Swiss1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Where are you located Bryan?

• BryanB
                    BryanB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Houston, Texas

Im IN, Ordered and waiting.
                  Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• BryanB
                    BryanB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The website says summer 2018. Videos say probably November. What do you think? I hope it's earlier than November but if it isn't will give me time to get the PG 1-26 built. â™ 
                    Last edited by BryanB; 05-25-2018, 12:50 AM.

Me too! The Model Box 2.0 has my order!

Comment

• Swiss1
                    Swiss1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And we thank you Michael!

• ARUP
                    ARUP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, no, no, no... thank YOU!

I really want one, but frankly ive been burned a couple times being an early adopter. This would be a huge step up for me in my gliders and frankly it’s a bit worrisome to me that it could happen especially with a first production run.

Should I wait it out and see what it’s like once it hits the streets or do you guys honestly feel it’s not going to get any better and I should just get it? Am I risking not getting one ever, by waiting?

Comment

Originally posted by Newman12 View Post
                    I really want one, but frankly ive been burned a couple times being an early adopter. This would be a huge step up for me in my gliders and frankly it’s a bit worrisome to me that it could happen especially with a first production run.

Should I wait it out and see what it’s like once it hits the streets or do you guys honestly feel it’s not going to get any better and I should just get it? Am I risking not getting one ever, by waiting?

Newman,

my suggestion is jump in, there has been several prototypes, and knowing Ali all will be good

depending how many model they move, it might take time to be on the second run and i doubt that the second run will be different than the first one.

plus on the first run the mold are sharper ....

should be easier to get it and sell it than wait for it... just saying
                    Stéphane

Comment

Darn it, I'll need a bigger van now!
                      Gunny
                      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

• French1
                        French1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That will be an easy fit , it is a 4 pieces wings...
                    Working...
                    X