Hangar 9 ASH 31 ~ 6.4m ARF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French1 View Post

Same comment than Ali, my preferred CG was 6S 4400mA and receiver pack on the side of LG, there was also a tow release servo in the model but not lead.
    So.....where was “your” CG? 60-85mm is what the man well shows......where you closer to 60 or 85??? 25mm is a big range.....
    TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

• I had a thought on the CG question. As it was troubling me....
      Did you have a pilot figure, Cockpit tub and canopy in place when measuring the C of G? I cannot for the life of me see a reason to add that much weight in the nose of the electric set up? I can understand some difference in component weights during production. But not 14Oz of nose weights worth...
      Regards Ali

Comment

• So no cockpit tub, tow release servo or pilot figure. With both 4000Mah receiver packs right behind the motor, 119 grams of lead upfront on shelf and a 6S 6000 my CG is right at the 85mm mark. I'll add a bit more lead tomorrow when it arrives to try and get it a little more nose heavy versus tail heavy. Sorry, I was off on my original post.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker63 View Post
          So no cockpit tub, tow release servo or pilot figure. With both 4000Mah receiver packs right behind the motor, 119 grams of lead upfront on shelf and a 6S 6000 my CG is right at the 85mm mark. I'll add a bit more lead tomorrow when it arrives to try and get it a little more nose heavy versus tail heavy. Sorry, I was off on my original post.
          Ok. That is making more sense. No Cockpit tub and Pilot? But you had the canopy on? Correct?

I would not advise going further forward than 85mm. I did a lot of testing and found that the plane handles so much nicer when it is not nose heavy. Nearly all of the "try me" flights that Stephane and I did were with the smaller/ lighter packs, 6s 2900-3500mah so were close to the rearward balance point. Not one person said that it felt tail heavy in flight. When I used anything above 4000Mah 6S packs. I tended to leave the pilot out in order to achieve a better feel.
          Regards Ali

Comment

• Ali, check my last entry on the other build thread. It's about my landing gear not retracting. Any suggestions? It will need to get replaced from what I can tell. I have a few videos I took of the problem is someone would like to see them.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the retract issues. I have not had any on the three samples, other than one time where I landed off field and cycled the gear switch while the model was on the ground. This damaged a gearbox and required me to replace the motor.
              I hope our product support team can get you what you need in order to fly your ASH?
              Regards Ali

Comment

Working...
              X