• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinkhappens86
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sinkhappens86
    replied
    FedEx pulled up in front of the house, got the box down into the shop and got everything unpacked. Looks amazing! Really excited about this sailplane. Between the holidays and work, probably won't be a lot of progress made until after New Years, but stay tuned! For now here's the photos of the unboxing.

Leave a comment:

• Tom
    replied
    I would like to single out Jeremy at this time for his diligent work at making sure those of us that bought our planes thru him got them delivered to our home address.......if you recall we where originally suppose to take delivery of these at Cumberland last November.......due to compliance issues that date was missed...... originally all the planes where to be delivered to the Model Box and then Jeremy was going to bring them up to us.....he was able to get Horizon to change their shipping policy and allow items bought thru the Model Box to ship direct to us......thanks again Jeremy! Job well done!

Leave a comment:

• Tom
    replied
    Just picked mine up at the local Kroger parking lot! Driver was happy......I live on a dead end dirt road and he really didn’t want to back that 53’ truck/trailer down a dirt road in the rain!
    Jim mentioned the bags that come with the plane......be for warned that you will either need to keep the plastic bags that the wings come wrapped in or make new “liners” for the bags from felt or some old sheets......if not your pretty white wings will have sliver marks all over them real quick! My seat pan suffered a bit of damage in transit......it has a hole punched in the bottom/side......not a problem because I was going to felt line it anyways.....also I might need to hire a very small Chinese woman to install those rear wing hold down nuts on! My sausage fingers have a hard enough time just getting back in there much less putting a nut on a threaded rod! Doh! All in all it’s a very nice plane for the money spent.

Leave a comment:

• JimD
    replied
    Mine has arrived...wings (all 4 sections), stab/elev, and fuselage all have their own bags and there is a foam stand for the fuselage!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_29912.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	32337

Leave a comment:

• Sinkhappens86
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mosquito
    replied
    Well, the sky is the limit at what pilot you might want to purchase. Axel pilots https://www.axels-scale-pilots.de are very popular and are made in Germany, and the wait time for delivery can be up to a year or more. And Axel pilots are not cheap. A quicker option might be Tailored Pilots http://tailoredpilots.com

I believe one of the prototype ASH 31's is using the 1/3 scale soaring pilots from Tailor. They are a little less expensive and are still produced in Europe and a slighter shorter wait time for delivery. Do a search online for other places that sell them. You want a 1/3 not a 1/3.5 scale.

Maybe put out a want ad for a 1/3 scale pilot. You never know what some might have laying around their shops.

Tim
    Last edited by Mosquito; 12-20-2018, 06:35 PM. Reason: Axel URL added

Leave a comment:

• mtnbiker63
    commented on 's reply
    Tom, I'm near Annapolis, Maryland. Glad to see another pilot near me.

• mtnbiker63
    replied
    Receiving mine tomorrow, opted for the motor/prop option from Horizon. What upgrades are people doing? Where can I purchase a pilot? New to soaring and super excited for this plane.

Leave a comment:

• Tom
    replied
    Originally posted by Stew2 View Post

And FedEx has been informed that you don't get the ASH delivery until you finish the coffin sized fruit cake! Might need some whiskey with that....
    You think? I’m not to worried......it shows it weighing 47 lbs......so that’s just a normal 3” x 5” cake! 😂

Leave a comment:

• Swiss1
    commented on 's reply
    Your welcome!

• Swiss1
    commented on 's reply
    I love fruit cake!

• lenb
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Michael.

Its a good thing you took your daughters car to work that day!

• Stew2
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom View Post

Damn it! 🤪
    And FedEx has been informed that you don't get the ASH delivery until you finish the coffin sized fruit cake! Might need some whiskey with that....

Leave a comment:

• Tom
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve P View Post
    That's actually the fruit cake I sent you
    Damn it! 🤪

Leave a comment:

Working...
X