X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Mine has arrived...wings (all 4 sections), stab/elev, and fuselage all have their own bags and there is a foam stand for the fuselage!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_29912.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	32337

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Just picked mine up at the local Kroger parking lot! Driver was happy......I live on a dead end dirt road and he really didn’t want to back that 53’ truck/trailer down a dirt road in the rain!
        Jim mentioned the bags that come with the plane......be for warned that you will either need to keep the plastic bags that the wings come wrapped in or make new “liners” for the bags from felt or some old sheets......if not your pretty white wings will have sliver marks all over them real quick! My seat pan suffered a bit of damage in transit......it has a hole punched in the bottom/side......not a problem because I was going to felt line it anyways.....also I might need to hire a very small Chinese woman to install those rear wing hold down nuts on! My sausage fingers have a hard enough time just getting back in there much less putting a nut on a threaded rod! Doh! All in all it’s a very nice plane for the money spent.
        TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

I would like to single out Jeremy at this time for his diligent work at making sure those of us that bought our planes thru him got them delivered to our home address.......if you recall we where originally suppose to take delivery of these at Cumberland last November.......due to compliance issues that date was missed...... originally all the planes where to be delivered to the Model Box and then Jeremy was going to bring them up to us.....he was able to get Horizon to change their shipping policy and allow items bought thru the Model Box to ship direct to us......thanks again Jeremy! Job well done!
          TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

• Swiss1
            Swiss1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Tom and all of you who made the purchase through The Model Box. In return I thank Ali Machinchi and Joe Ballard from Horizon Hobby to have made this possible!

FedEx pulled up in front of the house, got the box down into the shop and got everything unpacked. Looks amazing! Really excited about this sailplane. Between the holidays and work, probably won't be a lot of progress made until after New Years, but stay tuned! For now here's the photos of the unboxing.

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Looks great guys. Thanks for posting and its exciting to see a larger sailplane, which has traveled such a long distance, come in undamaged !!!
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• ARUP
                ARUP commented
                Editing a comment
                The FedEx guy asked me if I wanted to check contents before he left. Then he asked me what it was and, he too, was pretty excited about it so I showed him some vids on our site. I let him know that since the box wasn't crushed and had no fork lift holes punched in it that it would be okay... which it was!

All the girls like my Bug cars! They leave 'love' notes on 'em all the time! lol

Does anyone know if the fluorescent orange can be wiped off with lacquer thinner or something without effecting the white base coat? Not relishing the thought of having to sand it off. Mine won't show up till Saturday so haven't had a chance to fiddle with it myself just yet.

Comment

Bryan,

That is not fluorescent orange. It is anti-collision orange. If you remove it, the chances of a collision go up exponentially! Don't do it.

Steve K
                Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Good morning everyone

yesterday was christmas for me too, very happy of the quality of the kit.

If if you want to judge by yourself here is a video I made yesterday during the unboxing, it should let you have a pretty clear vision of the product.

as always if you have questions I will be me than glad to answer them

Last edited by French1; 12-21-2018, 02:01 PM.
                  Stéphane
                  Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

• Swiss1
                    Swiss1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It say's there is an error in playback!

• French1
                    French1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fixed, sorry

• BryanB
                    BryanB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice! Even after seeing the prototypes your video has me even more excited for delivery. Fedex just sent another email and the trucker must have made really good time as they are now saying today! Woohoo!

Wow, awesome. Drooling over these. Excellent value. This will be a workhorse glider that really can handle all conditions. Are you guys adding SLS?

Comment

• BryanB
                    BryanB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm going to stick with sailplane for the time being. I know some folks don't have regular tow pilots but to me having a "save" lever sort of takes something away from the challenge. Who knows, may add the SLS at some point.

I am with you Bryan, going pure sailplane on mine too.
                  A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• ARUP
                    ARUP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mine will be sailplane only, too. It's a nice thing with the seat pans being fiberglass. I won't be giving out any glass ones as was done with the ASW-20!

Originally posted by pete914 View Post
                  Wow, awesome. Drooling over these. Excellent value. This will be a workhorse glider that really can handle all conditions. Are you guys adding SLS?
                  Yes....I am adding the motor and prop to the front of mine so I can go out to Broadass Flats with you and flyat the Hanover Field!
                  TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

Mine will be a pure sailplane as well.

Also just got my graphics for mine from Callie today! It appears that the German flag on the tail is painted on?

​
                    Last edited by Sinkhappens86; 12-21-2018, 05:55 PM.
                    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Sinkhappens86
                      Sinkhappens86 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's strange, mine is already applied. Good to know its a decal though! Should be able to remove it.

• Soaranator
                      Soaranator commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ali told me that the first 20 or so had them painted on.

• JimD
                      JimD commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks like you may need the Binford 580 Turbo Grinder with the #20 grit carbide disk...should come right off!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2804.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	32371

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• ARUP
                      ARUP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is one slick surface! Look how the 'painted on' flags fell off!
                  Working...
                  X