No announcement yet.

Hangar 9 ASH 31 ~ 6.4m ARF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Chaps. A quick heads up. The ASH 31's are finally starting to ship. Sorry for the delay. Its been a real fight getting these into the USA and out to customers.
    Craig G, A member of our quality team and myself pulled multiple kits from stock and spot inspected them last week. I was super impressed with what I saw. I would honestly say, they are a better level of finish than the three pre production samples we have been flying!
    One slight issue. Our vendor let us down with the manuals. We had a choice.It was either print new manuals and put them in here in the USA. But that would have meant waiting till well after Christmas to ship them to our customers?? Or.......... Send them out without the manuals in the boxes, and ask our wonderful, delightful and super considerate customers to go to the ASH web page and download a copy of the manual. They can either print a copy, or just view it on their computer?
    https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/HAN...nual-MULTI.pdf

Thanks for your understanding. rest assured. We will have this taken care of for the next shipments. Please let me know if I can be of any help?

Regards Ali

Comment

Manuals? Manuals? We don't need no stinkin' manuals!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mexican.jpg Views:	1 Size:	18.3 KB ID:	32282

Comment

Originally posted by ARUP View Post
        Manuals? Manuals? We don't need no stinkin' manuals!

Click image for larger version Name:	Mexican.jpg Views:	1 Size:	18.3 KB ID:	32282
        I down loaded it a couple of weeks ago when it showed up on the AUS distributer site.......and unless you have never put together an airplane in your life.....then ya.....you don’t really need it! CG is really the only thing you need to know.....
        TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

I'm hoping to see 10 individual build threads start ASAP. I will read them all

Comment

Genlemen, I use that term loosely
            The ASH 31's are shipping this morning, I have texted all of you who made the first batch, so get those checks in the mail please and enjoy the build, as Pete said lets see a thread or 10 on the build and I'm sure on many mods!

Happy Christmas
            Jeremy, Janet, Anna and Ben

SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Originally posted by pete914 View Post
              I'm hoping to see 10 individual build threads start ASAP. I will read them all
              Probably better to have one big build thread, that way all the info is in one place!
              Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Well I just got off the phone with Horizon, and mine is on its way to me now. Being that its my first big ship I doubt I'll deviate and do any mods other than the motor mod described in the manual.

Comment

So.......looks like Santa will be stopping at my house tomorrow!
                  TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

• Steve P
                    Steve P commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's actually the fruit cake I sent you

• Swiss1
                    Swiss1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love fruit cake!

• mtnbiker63
                    mtnbiker63 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tom, I'm near Annapolis, Maryland. Glad to see another pilot near me.

FedEx delivered a BIG box to office! It was opened and the contents put in the car for the ride home. For some reason I kept thinking of Burt!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3595.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	32310

Time to get buildin'! Thanks Horizon and Ali. Y'all sure had to put up with a lot of drama but none from me .

Comment

• lenb
                    lenb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Michael.

Its a good thing you took your daughters car to work that day!

• Swiss1
                    Swiss1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your welcome!

Originally posted by ARUP View Post
                  FedEx delivered a BIG box to office! It was opened and the contents put in the car for the ride home. For some reason I kept thinking of Burt!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3595.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	32310

Time to get buildin'! Thanks Horizon and Ali. Y'all sure had to put up with a lot of drama but none from me .
                  Awesome! Mine should be here tomorrow! Can't wait
                  Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Steve P View Post
                    That's actually the fruit cake I sent you
                    Damn it! 🤪
                    TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post

Damn it! 🤪
                      And FedEx has been informed that you don't get the ASH delivery until you finish the coffin sized fruit cake! Might need some whiskey with that....

Comment

Originally posted by Stew2 View Post

And FedEx has been informed that you don't get the ASH delivery until you finish the coffin sized fruit cake! Might need some whiskey with that....
                        You think? I’m not to worried......it shows it weighing 47 lbs......so that’s just a normal 3” x 5” cake! 😂
                        TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

Receiving mine tomorrow, opted for the motor/prop option from Horizon. What upgrades are people doing? Where can I purchase a pilot? New to soaring and super excited for this plane.

Comment

Well, the sky is the limit at what pilot you might want to purchase. Axel pilots https://www.axels-scale-pilots.de are very popular and are made in Germany, and the wait time for delivery can be up to a year or more. And Axel pilots are not cheap. A quicker option might be Tailored Pilots http://tailoredpilots.com

I believe one of the prototype ASH 31's is using the 1/3 scale soaring pilots from Tailor. They are a little less expensive and are still produced in Europe and a slighter shorter wait time for delivery. Do a search online for other places that sell them. You want a 1/3 not a 1/3.5 scale.

Maybe put out a want ad for a 1/3 scale pilot. You never know what some might have laying around their shops.

Tim
                            Last edited by Mosquito; 12-20-2018, 06:35 PM. Reason: Axel URL added

Comment

Working...
                            X