No announcement yet.

Hangar 9 ASH 31 ~ 6.4m ARF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it here, yet? Is it here, yet? Is it here, yet? Is it here, yet?

Comment

• Swiss1
      Swiss1 commented
      Editing a comment
      All n good time Grasshopper!

I'm thinking my ASH31 would look good in a T-Bird scheme! Not sure which tail I like better though,

By request I added a "Racing" version with more dark on the bottom wing.
    Last edited by BryanB; 06-08-2018, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• French1
      French1 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is very very cool Brian!

• BryanB
      BryanB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Stéphane. I appreciate that.

• MarnochS
      MarnochS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bryan.... that’s exactly what I was looking for

Originally posted by BryanB View Post
    I'm thinking my ASH31 would look good in a T-Bird scheme! Not sure which tail I like better though,
    That is superb Bryan. Would you mind if I were to apply that scheme to one of the ASH 31'S? Do you have any other cool designs? I love the way they transform the aircraft.

Regards Ali

Comment

• BryanB
      BryanB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Ali. Be my guest. I've been messing with various schemes but these thin glass ships are a unique canvas and a lot of my schemes just don't look that good or classy on them. I'll try to post a couple more before heading up your way on Tuesday.
      Last edited by BryanB; 06-08-2018, 01:59 AM.

Originally posted by BryanB View Post

By request I added a "Racing" version with more dark on the bottom wing.
    Wow!!!! Those designs really make the difference! I can’t wait to see what else you come up with Bryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman12 View Post

Wow!!!! Those designs really make the difference! I can’t wait to see what else you come up with Bryan.
      I agree.. Love the updated underside design.

Regards Ali

Comment

Ali,

How will you apply the finish? Seems intricate enough that it will require paint. Does that mean sanding off all the fluorescent orange highlights? Looks we will have to find a good automotive shop to get the paint on. Really great looking schemes!!!

Comment

Here's a couple more schemes. Not completely finished but some more ideas anyway.

Added a couple more of a same scheme with slight color variation and second option of bottom wing layout.
          Last edited by BryanB; 06-09-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

More great schemes Bryan, Thank you for sharing. I love the way they almost seem to change the shape of the model somehow? I am pretty sure there will be a turbine powered Thunderbird one in my life at some point.
            Regards Ali

Comment

Just a quick heads up. As well as offering the opportunity to fly the ASH-31 at this weeks Horizon Aerotow. We are also offering the opportunity to win a $1000.00 ( One thousand ) voucher that is redeemable against a Map purchase of an ASH 31! Just one dollar could see you $1000 into the purchase of an ASH! of course. Not forgetting the other awesome prizes up for grabs.
              If you cant be there. Maybe get a friend to buy some tickets for you? All proceeds go to the Monticello Model Masters Rc club who host the event each year.
              Regards Ali

Comment

• Swiss1
                Swiss1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ali, does one have to be present to win, as I will have to leave on Friday!

Thanks to every one that stopped by testing the ASH-31, got a lot of very good feed back on it.

Lot of people compared the in flight behavior of this sailplane of a big TD sailplane, everyone felt very comfortable with flight envelope even at low altitude (some can attest as I did take over quite late...)

Saturday, we did couple speed run, and I am not Ali so I may not have dare what he would have but we got 120 mph on couple speed run, this plane should satisfy a lot of peoples.

After Windy ridge where about 25-30 people tried the ASH-31, We had another 35-40 for this venue, next stop : Sledworks in Owatonna, MN july 12-15th

hope some peoples have in flight pictures or video to share

Sans titre by steffruelle, sur Flickr

Asher having a slice of it
              Sans titre by steffruelle, sur Flickr

Stéphane
              Stéphane
              Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Outstanding offering from HH. I haven’t been this comfortable flying a large scale sailplane in awhile and it wasn’t because it wasn’t mine. The combination of the thin MH 32 and light loading make for a well balanced combination and there are no bad habits at low or high airspeeds. This is a winner!

Comment

• ARUP
                  ARUP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Even I can fly this one! I can't wait!

Patients "Grasshopper"

Comment

Has any body got these flying performance opinion??? Am I correct the airfoil is MH 32?

Comment

• Asher Carmichael
                    Asher Carmichael commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, it uses the MH 32. Pete Goldsmith mentioned at HH Aerotow that the idea was to offer a relatively lightly loaded airframe that would still have “legs and penetration” at the lighter loading(I hope I interpreted his statements correctly.) Hence the MH 32 choice. Mission accomplished.
                    Last edited by Asher Carmichael; 07-10-2018, 06:00 PM.

The plane flys awesome!!
                  Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Asher Carmichael
                    Asher Carmichael commented
                    Editing a comment
                    +1 awesome, indeed

• chishp
                    chishp commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Many thanks Len value your judgement I assume you are flying one? look forward to your end of season comments after you have flown a season?
                    regards
                    Paul

This scheme has morphed quite a bit. I think it's finished...

Comment

Working...
                  X