Hangar 9 ASH 31 ~ 6.4m ARF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newman12 View Post
    I really want one, but frankly ive been burned a couple times being an early adopter. This would be a huge step up for me in my gliders and frankly it’s a bit worrisome to me that it could happen especially with a first production run.

Should I wait it out and see what it’s like once it hits the streets or do you guys honestly feel it’s not going to get any better and I should just get it? Am I risking not getting one ever, by waiting?
    With composite models its important to get it right the first time. That's one of the reasons this was in development for over 2 years. Once the molds are made and the commimtent to production is solidified, there will be not changes unless a major issue is found, which in this case is not a concern.
    Ali is a pure modeler by heart and perfectionist my trade. I'm sure the first batch will soon be sold out and those on the sidelines will be holding their hat in their hands wishing they were playing ball instead of sitting in the stands.

I love trying to find lift down low, where I can see what it does to the plane, so the motor option is fantastic since the lightweight of the sailplane will offer instant response to adding power. Searching for lift down low with a $6000 not powered sailplane is a bit scary.

The last thing I need is another sailplane, but I can't wait for this to arrive at my doorstep, motor and all.

LEN
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Mosquito
      Mosquito commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen brother

Anybody else notice that it says Next Shipment Fall 2018 now on Horizon website. First order must be spoken for already.

Steve K
    Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• BryanB
      BryanB commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm thinking this is probably a correction for the first run. Ali just posted over on RCG that the first run is 2/3rds full. Also read that if you pre-order you don't get charged until it ships.

I must add this note so there is no confusion!
    As a retailer for Horizon Hobby products, when I order this model it goes directly to backorder, and when they become available they are shipped directly to The Model Box!
    When an item is in stock at HH we are able to place an order called Direct Ship, then the item is shipped directly to you the customer, and they prepay the shipping for us just as they do for you if ordering directly from them. But we are unable to place an item on backorder for individuals as Direct Ship! So the result is that all the people who pre-order from us will have there model deliverd to the next event I attend so no shipping charges are incurred! I hope this makes it all a little clearer

Jeremy
    SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Less than 10 planes left for pre-order as of last night, That means the pre-order success of this model has been outstanding. It'll be sold out by the end of the weekend.

Thanks to everyone who had ordered one and to those thinking about it, you should move now before you can't. This is a big eye opener for the brass at Horizon that our sailplane community is growing and truley worth investing in.
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 And... with the nice seat pan I won't have to make glass ones for folks! Lol! BryanB and DanR- I will have your ASW20 seat pans at Horizon. I will start lay ups today!

• Mosquito
        Mosquito commented
        Editing a comment
        ARUP, will you actually build this model?????

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        Yessir, Mosquito! I'd like to be on the cusp for this one instead of the caboose!

Thanks to those that have pre ordered. It’s very much appreciated by all of us at Hangar 9. Especially our super supportive dealers. Jeremey @ the model box has actually been aware of this project for some months now and was very helpful with feed back prior to launch. He has also been our most successful dealer. His pre orders alone accounted for a large number of the first batch.
      The ASH 31 has been an amazing project to work on. It’s been a real team effort. Some of that team many of you
      will know really well? Others. Not so much. But all of us have had to work really hard to get this very high risk project through a lot of corperate obsticals at a very lean time for
      the industry.
      We really hope that this is the start of more in this series and maybe even other types of gliders?
      Thanks for your support chaps !
      Regards Ali

Comment

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank YOU!

Originally posted by Ali Machinchy View Post
      Thanks to those that have pre ordered. It’s very much appreciated by all of us at Hangar 9. Especially our super supportive dealers. Jeremey @ the model box has actually been aware of this project for some months now and was very helpful with feed back prior to launch. He has also been our most successful dealer. His pre orders alone accounted for a large number of the first batch.
      The ASH 31 has been an amazing project to work on. It’s been a real team effort. Some of that team many of you
      will know really well? Others. Not so much. But all of us have had to work really hard to get this very high risk project through a lot of corperate obsticals at a very lean time for
      the industry.
      We really hope that this is the start of more in this series and maybe even other types of gliders?
      Thanks for your support chaps !
      Regards Ali
      Thanks Ali!

Admittedly I was hesitant but after getting the encouragement from these guys, talking to Jeremy and seeing your Q&A yesterday I put my pre-order in yesterday afternoon. I'm crossing my fingers I didn't wait to long. I wonder if I shouldn't start collecting the ROG power system stuff now...?

One question that you didn't really clear up yesterday in the Q& A, You said you were going to give specific instructions where to cut the nose and then we'd have to glue in a firewall. But you didn't say if the firewall came with the plane?

Comment

• BryanB
        BryanB commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, might be a good idea to get your (2) A7050's, (4)A5060's and I'm assuming a A7040 for tow hook before they sell out. And I'm also guessing a VR5203 Dual Output Regulator for gear and spoilers if 2S Lipo for Rx. Nothing more frustrating than having an awesome model and not having the parts to finish it. I took advantage of the 4x Rx sale Horizon had a couple months ago so I'm good on AR12310T's.

Originally posted by Newman12 View Post

Thanks Ali!

Admittedly I was hesitant but after getting the encouragement from these guys, talking to Jeremy and seeing your Q&A yesterday I put my pre-order in yesterday afternoon. I'm crossing my fingers I didn't wait to long. I wonder if I shouldn't start collecting the ROG power system stuff now...?

One question that you didn't really clear up yesterday in the Q& A, You said you were going to give specific instructions where to cut the nose and then we'd have to glue in a firewall. But you didn't say if the firewall came with the plane?
      Thanks for the back order.
      if your order went in before 5 pm Illinois time yesterday. Then you should be in on the first batch. After that I
      could not check our database. We are actively looking at doubling the initial order. Speaking to the factory now to see
      what the lead time will be. Good news is that they confirmwd
      that they are well underway with the first batch. We are also being super mindful not to delay that first shipment.
      the double GRP motor mounts will be supplied with each kit.
      Regards Ali

Comment

Yes. I have used a 7040 retract servo for the tow release.

Comment

• Mosquito
          Mosquito commented
          Editing a comment
          Ali, do you know the Tamia paint code for the "safety orange" paint off the top of your head?

With the help of Ali and Len I hope to get a Radio completion set list generated very soon and also a ROG list! So all you guys who need these items will get this list with a discount coupon for the RC or ROG package or both, Remember Ali did say September would be the earliest or most likely November, so there is plenty of time to get these items to all of you

And thanks again to all of you

Jeremy
        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• Mosquito
          Mosquito commented
          Editing a comment
          Spektrum radio gear?

• Swiss1
          Swiss1 commented
          Editing a comment
          But of course Tim!

Old RC guy returning to sailplanes.... I pre-ordered yesterday!

Comment

• lenb
          lenb commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Curt... Glad your back... I bought a Nimbus from you years ago I think.

• curtusua
          curtusua commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Len! I hope to make it to a scale event this year and meet some of you guys... I have a 94 year old mother to care for so getting away is tough right now.

Ali has confirmed that the first batch did indeed sell out by Friday evening last week! Good news is that we have 2 more available from our first order to be here by November!
        If you are interested in purchasing one of these you can call The Model Box @205 978 8787.

Jeremy
        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Machinchy View Post

Thanks for the back order.
          if your order went in before 5 pm Illinois time yesterday. Then you should be in on the first batch. After that I
          could not check our database. We are actively looking at doubling the initial order. Speaking to the factory now to see
          what the lead time will be. Good news is that they confirmwd
          that they are well underway with the first batch. We are also being super mindful not to delay that first shipment.
          the double GRP motor mounts will be supplied with each kit.
          Regards Ali

Ali, my order confirmation email was about 3:30 PM pacific on Friday 5/25. Given the two hour time difference to Central time, can you tell me if my order made the first batch or not? I can give you my order # if that would help. I tried calling HH this afternoon to find out and they said they could not tell me and that the plane was still showing as Pre-Order versus Back Order. I really hope I made the "cut".

Comment

I kept seeing “all composit”, “fully molded airframes”, is the whole airframe molded? Is the fuselage made with polyester or epoxy resin?

Brian

Comment

Fully molded
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	165.5 KB ID:	26673Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	206.1 KB ID:	26674 So after spending the weekend a the Horizon Hobby Fest, I have come away with a complete list of RC and ROG components needed to complete the ASH 31! I got to fly both pure and powered form, and I can tell you it's a great flying glider, and when considering the price point there is nothing else available in this size and quality
                I also got to fly the XCub electric and Saito versions, a pussy cat and great for towing

Thanks to Ali and Craig for spending time with me to complete this list! So we do not encounter low stock of items I have already reached out to many of you to offer a completion package, so thank you for the overwhelming reply!
                If you want a discounted finishing package, please call me at the shop 205 978 8787. I will have order forms available at the Horizon Aerotow, and will be making some deliveries at the event!
                Jeremy
                SCCAAA TT TN
                Last edited by Swiss1; 06-07-2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X