No announcement yet.

Hangar 9 ASH 31 ~ 6.4m ARF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I'm sitting here waiting on a day nice enough to fly mine!
    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• I finally got to fly with some other planes this past weekend at Visalia. We had some of the best and longest duration lift we have had in Visalia in a long time. It was almost good enough for ballast. The ASH 31 was right at home on the GPS Triangle course flying against Antares, AN66, ASW 22, and a JS1. It's just a bit slower (5-10 kph) as can be expected given it's light weight. But it is considerably faster than "normal" type scale sailplanes. It is definitely a great first GPS plane. It is fast enough that you will not be frustrated and climbs as well or better than the others while being much easier to land. I was so impressed I didn't even put my other glider together until the last of the 3 days.

Something that I don't recall being mentioned by anyone so far is how easy this plane is to put together and take apart. I actually pulled the wings off and put the plane back in the trailer each night, something I haven't done with my other models in years. It's a very easy plane to live with and with the quick takeoff and ease of landing can operate out of a much smaller field than you would expect given its impressive size.

At our Montague GPS race this year if we get more than a couple of these entered they will compete against each other as a one design class as well as be included in the normal classes. They will fly with the other gliders and scored with them but also scored against the other 31s.
      Rick Shelby
      Team Horizon

Comment

• chishp
        chishp commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds Great Rick, mine also is being set up for GPS so I note your comments with much interest, mine is set up for aero tow and elect self launch with the ability to remove the elect launch components in the pure glider mode. I am very impressed with the build of the model and the finished quality! well done Team Horizon right up to your standard. I have a 33% Pawnee with a DA 120 that goes very well also.

• There were four ASH-31’s at Cumberland today. They all seemed to flying great. One was a maiden and mine was a re-maiden due to transmitter problems last week.

What a a great group of guys. So helpful and friendly. Already looking forward to the summer soar.

Comment

Working...
      X