SGS1-26E Paint Scheme Renderings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGS1-26E Paint Scheme Renderings

I wanted to get an idea of what some of my paint scheme ideas would look like on the 1-26E. These are a few of the ones I think are most promising out of the 20 or so I've so far.
    These are pretty low resolution examples. If anyone is interested in higher rez. versions let me know.. I'm really kind of partial to the "Texas" scheme.

If it were me, I'd quickly eliminate the tan/brown scheme... just too bland for my liking. The blue/grey is just a little too modern to me for a classic sailplane. I like the classic red/white, and for just a touch of flair, the Lone Star scheme isn't bad.
    [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

Nice! I’m liking the white/red combination.
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

I was wondering if folks would go for the more modern style schemes or prefer the slightly more traditional schemes.

Here's a couple more of the modern ones.

Comment

Lone Star Scheme looks awesome (Pic 4 post #1).

Comment

I don't know why.....but the Red and White is the cleanest, the purple and green reminds me of a particular dinosaur my children watched on TV may moons ago!

Jeremy
            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• lenb
              lenb commented
              Editing a comment
              Barny......

Here's a couple that wanted to try with bare metal. It's always been tough for me to replicate bare metal but here's a couple of fun ones.

Also a couple of Red White and Blue schemes.
            Attached Files

Comment

This ones more of a vintage look to it.

Comment

The blue looks similar to the one I used to fly at Harris Hill around 2005. The last one looks very similar to the one they have on display in the mall here in Elmira. I'll have to snap some photos sometime when I'm there.
                Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

As a USAF Vet, I could go for the Thunderbird scheme and/or the USAF Academy scheme.
                  [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

This scheme is based on a photo I saw of a 26E but it was in burgundy..

Comment

I'm not the most artistic or best with PhotoShop but if anyone wants some help with a scheme or would like to see something in particular or a color variation of one I already posted I enjoy doing this.
                      I'm starting to feel a little more human yesterday and today. I haven't had the flu in 30+ years but Tuesday brought on the ugly symptoms I hadn't experienced in long time. Thankfully I'm on the back side of this one.

Comment

• ARUP
                        ARUP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The yellow would be a good one!

Great work on these, do you think they would print out on A3 sheets, I think a couple might look good in my workshop.

Comment

• BryanB
                        BryanB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can print them any size. I can provide higher resolution images of any in particular if you need them. I just posted medium/low res versions for the forum to load faster.

These are all wonderful great work...

Comment

I like this one. Bare metal is scaring me though.

Comment

• BryanB
                          BryanB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Baremetal with Thunderbirds was with the F-84G, F-84F, F-100 and ended with the F-105. When they switched to the F-4 they used overall white base with modified tail markings. When they switched to the T-38 the only marking that stayed relatively the same was the nose.
                          Last edited by BryanB; 03-09-2018, 09:36 PM.

• ARUP
                          ARUP commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Bare metal would be really cool... and... a lot of work!

• Steve P
                          Steve P commented
                          Editing a comment
                          http://www.flitemetal.com/ self adhesive aluminum covering system... natural aluminum appearance of a full size aircraft.
                      Working...
                      X