Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work, Dave. Following.

Comment

Keep on truckin'.... get one of those Hazmat suits and the balsa dust will never get ya!

Comment

Ha ha ha - The dust will definitely be flying when I get to sanding the fuse. Yow. I finished the sheathing last night and will try to rough sand it and the nose blocking outside this weekend with the full mask and all the gear. Next up is fitting the stab to the fuse and then faring them together. Thanks Al and Michael.

Comment

Get this latex kind of Haz-Mat suit. You can inflate it with (1) extra air or (2) your own nitrogen + CO2 + CH4 + O2 + H2S + mercaptan source so that when it is opened the dust will get blown away! Just don't strike any matches if you use 'number 2'!

Comment

Originally posted by ARUP View Post

Just don't strike any matches if you use 'number 2'!

EWWWWWW,
            Thats just disgusting.
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Here we go....and by the way, this is about when Mattsson would typically chime in. Tim?

Comment

Got the stabs female plug wired and Gooped in place the other night. After all that goes into planning, fitting, aligning, and then making these work, they sure don't look like much when completed. Ha. Its a good fit and very solid. Then with the stab attached to the fuse, I cut scrap foam to fit on either side of the plywood and hard balsa fuse keel to continue the fuse lines to the rudder. This step seemed a little daunting at first with the rudder pushrod on one side, the stab meeting the fuse, and the oddly shaped fuse keel. Once started the two pieces were done in no time and gluing in place. - David

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stab Plug n Play 1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	28664

Name:	Stab Plug n Play 4.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	28657

Name:	Stab Plug n Play 3.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	28658

Name:	Stab Plug n Play 2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	28659

Name:	Fuse Aft Furring 3.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	28660

Name:	Fuse Aft Furring 2.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	28661

Name:	Fuse Aft Furring 1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	28662

Attached Files

Comment

• ARUP
                  ARUP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice! Are you going to glass the fuse once completed?

Yes, the plan is to glass the fuse Michael.

Comment

Finally back to the build and working on the crazy spoilers. They sure look like they are going to be a handful...what could go wrong? Ha ha.

Name:	2462_002.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	31291

Name:	20181111_204126.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	31290

Attached Files

Comment

YEAHHHHHHH.
                    Back at it
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Thanks Len - Made a little progress last night as well. Four left paddles and four right. Will have to mock up one side to test the pushrod mechanism/system to make sure it works properly before building it into the wing. Each 'Z' shaped arm is made from (1) 1/16" ply piece sandwiched with (1) 1/32" ply piece in an effort to keep them stiff and from warping. That seems to have worked well.

Name:	Harbinger Spoilers 2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	31322

Comment

Trying to work out the details for the spoiler "box" last night. I like the idea of building the box on the workbench and then placing it in the wing. Will keep you posted on how that works when I get there. The bearings just came in the mail so it is game on. Here is a section sketch showing how it could come together...petty sure it can be simplified.

Name:	Spoiler Sketch 2.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	31378

Comment

Originally posted by Sled-Works 1 View Post
                          Trying to work out the details for the spoiler "box" last night. I like the idea of building the box on the workbench and then placing it in the wing]
                          I have done exactly that.......the only difference is I use 2 “boxes”......the first is built of hard balsa built into the wing and the spoiler box itself is fabricated from ply which then mounts inside the first box.......the reason for doing it that way is it’s just easier to fabricate the actual spoiler box because you already have the balsa box that is made to fit the wing profile.
                          TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

Crazy spoilers!

Comment

Tom - I'm going to follow your lead with the double box. Great suggestion, thank you. This contraption is fussy and getting all those parts in the right place, moving properly, will be tough enough
                              when isolated on the bench.
                              Arup - They are crazy spoilers. Ha.

Comment

• ARUP
                                ARUP commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I'm thinking... don't 'daisy chain' the links from each spoiler paddle to the next or cumulative 'slop' will accrue. That would be akin to a locomotive initiating its pull of the cars. Have one push-pull rod (wire) with each paddle connection soldered to the main push-pull rod, right?
                            Working...
                            X