No announcement yet.

40% Schweizer 1-26?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here some photos and info from a post 10 years ago of an Australian model for relative size of a 40% 1-26. The link for the kit isn't valid anymore. I tried contacting him last year with no luck.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-scale-subject

Here is the pertinent info from a post on RCG back in 2007.

----------------------

Hi guys this is my 1-26d built to 1-2.5 scale weighs 20 kg and flies great!

Rossco
    ----------------------
    The model you see here is completely scratch built from my own kit. I made the master pattern from timber and fibre glass, moulded the airframe and then made a fibreglass fuselage. The weight of the last one I made for a friend is now down to under 2kg complete with glass canopy frame, and rear window, glass nose and tail cone. The fuse measures 2.5 meters long and 4.88 meters in span. Wing construction was foam core with glass skins being vacume bagged on dry (a fibre glass skin is first laid up on a flat surface and then treted like a timber skin) with laminating resin.
    The model has been designed with hardcore aerobatics in mind and has a spar stressed for + or - 10G @ 40lb with a 1.5 error factor in mind.

As to performance I have built two so far one to 35lb and one to 45 lb and both have flown with impeccable handling characteristics on both the slope and flat field.

Rossco
    --------------------

Here's some pics to show size of 40% 1-26..

Last edited by BryanB; 12-08-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Some more pics from the thread....

Comment

First spy photo...
        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Just think, back in the day you could have built a 100% one for just about the same price.

... Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	22602
          Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

...and you could buy a really nice lot and house for around $15,000!

Comment

Working...
            X