Wing Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing Bags

Guys, are there any recommendations for a reliable vendor for a set of custom wing bags. I have a need for three sets, one for my Nimbus, and one for my Discus, and one for my little Cherokee. Hanger rash is a bummer.

http://www.ecofoil.com/All-Products/...CABEgLzxPD_BwE

Get a roll of this and iron your own! Share the expense with a buddy so he can make his wing bags, too! Cut bubble wrap to fold around your wing, etc. Put your covering iron on 'high' then iron around your wing with the bubble wrap shiney side out. The white to white side bubbles will pop as they are heated fusing the two sides together. Trim with a scissors. It works great!

Comment

ARUP, I've made a few of this type for some f3b-type gliders. Thanks for the info and link.

Larry

Comment

If you want padded cloth bags Dan Fitzgerald in CA has made them for my ASW-20 and Duo Discus. High quality work with Velcro closures and carrying handles. danfitz@pacbell.net should get you in touch. Some models he has patterns for, but if you provide a full size pattern he can make a bag!

Comment

• Mark9
          Mark9 commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 on Dan's bags. I have a set for my E-Flite Blanik and another for my NAN X3. Great workmanship and materials...also a good guy to work with.

Tom, I take it you mean pattern for the wing sections? I've sent him an email just now. We'll see what time brings.

Thanks for the info and contact,
        Larry

Comment

Tom, Mark,
          Dan responded to my email, so thanks for the contact info. Dan has currently shut down his wing bag business, and used up all his material. This is in prep for a move to Washington state in a few months. He stated he will be restocking bag material after the move, and will startup the business making bags again. I likely will wait a bit for his relocation, and have him make the several I need/want. He sent me a few photos of his products, and they do look nice and well made.

Thanks Again,
          Larry

Comment

Working...
          X