No announcement yet.

Restart on an old bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARUP, I do have a laser level or two, and YES it does make sense. Thanks.

Larry

Comment

I'm trying to set the declage between the wing and hort stab. I have the stab blocked up to "zero degrees". The declage is supposed to be 1.5 degrees. Question: Does the wing LE or TE go up relative to the tail?

Larry

Comment

Larry, the stab gives a certain 'down force' to maintain wing alignment in flight path. Wing LE is up relative to TE if stab at 'zero'. The longer the fuselage the less is needed. Flying wings have reflexed TE for this reason. If I am wrong on this then someone can (or will) correct me...

Comment

ARUP, Thanks for the advice. I'm sure you are correct.

Larry

Comment

A bit of an update-- The left wing incidence pin receiver is now epoxied into the wing root @ 1.5 degrees. Should get the right side done today.
            I need to start figuring out how to install all the RC gear in the cockpit area of the fuse. Anyone have any photos of how you locate and secure batteries, receivers, and other gear into the bottom of your fuses? Also, how do folks attach the cockpit seat pans/side panels to the inside of the fuse, so they stay put, but can be removed to access the batteries, etc? Never done this before.

Thanks,
            Larry

Comment

Working...
            X