TG-3 v2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG-3 v2.0

On my way back from Vladimir house I stopped at an other friend builder to pick some foam for my next project and I have been able to take a picture of his winter project.

For those who were not at the Winamac aerotow, Dan lost his first scratch built TG-3 on battery failure. Well it didn't took him long to get cranking at a second one

more to follow

Sans titre by steffruelle, sur Flickr
    Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

Couple of pictures of v1.0....

Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Attaboy Dan... back in the saddle!

Comment

The fuselage construction looks very much like a 1-26B.

Comment

Nice work Dan, the first one flew very well, I image this one will be even better.
          Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

still a long way to go. covering than paint and radio gear. stephane has been a big help with the new dx-18. thanks

Comment

hey guys ,the tg-3 is in the covering mode with solartex . the question is how do you keep the paint from bleeding past the painters tape? because of the texture.

Comment

There's a few different methods.

1) spray the entire plane with a clear first. Then apply tape

2) apply tape, spray clear over the tape edge , let it dry then add color.

3) apply tape, brush a thin line of clear along the tape edge, let dry then apply color.

The other option is to spray very light coats of color, spraying away from the edge so the pressure doesn't lift the tape or push paint under it.
                Light coats will dry fast and avoid seeping under the tape.
                Also, use a good tape. Not masking tape.

LEN
                Len Buffinton
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I agree with all of Len's technique... Especially the last one which I use. As far as the tape, I use blue painters tape with edge lock technology. It will say "edge lock" on the tape.
                  Gunny
                  Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

It takes discipline (or me just being too lazy to clean the gun extra times) but just put on a whole bunch of mist coats as Len suggests. Wait for the paint to tack up between coats. I use butyrate dope so I can put mist coats of paint in as little as 5 minutes between each one. I use yellow 'Nitto' tape (it's thin and flexible) in 1/2" wide rolls to cut custom mask edge curves or 1/8" and 1/4" 3M blue vinyl tape. I get these tapes (and other goodies) at a local auto paint supply store.

Gunny... I'll have to try the 'Edge Lock' tape!

Comment

thanks guys, I used Menards painters tape . I will have to check for the edge lock tape. then spray clear on the edge of the tape. many thanks to all.

Comment

Working...
                      X