Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishing JETEC E90 install in Swift S1, but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing JETEC E90 install in Swift S1, but.......

I'm totally stuck on a good door closing mechanism for the doors that cover the EDF. Trying to keep it simple, yet have the doors held positively closed when EDF is retracted. Please share your thoughts, pictures, etc., your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Pre-loaded torsion springs. Use 1/32" music wire. Bend like a very long 'Z' so that one end anchors into the fuse and the other end attached to doors. To 'pre-load' just make one end of 'Z' not be in the same spatial plane as the other end. Make sure the spring runs along the hinge line. for snag free operation. Works forever! No rubber bands to dry rot, etc.

Comment

The Schambeck units uses an elastic that catches on a wire attached to the up and go unit when it retracts

Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Thanks ARUP, makes sense, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Glad to help! Ya gonna show some pics?

Comment

I have done two installs of the the Jetec, a 90 and 120 and used the one piece hat system, really simple, no hinges, no complications. There will be an article in the next issue of RC Sport Flyer of how I did it.

Comment

DennisB... now that's a great idea!

Comment

Dennis B, do you have pics of your install or a link to the article?

Comment

Well, my first flight on the Swift nearly ended very poorly. On my second powered climb with the Jetec E90, I got a very load buzz and an immediate pitch down of the nose. Pulled the power and started the landing circuit but it took all my up elevator to keep it level. Landed and found the the nacelle/fancase/fan/motor assembly had come unglued(!) from the nacelle. all the kept the assembly in the aircraft was the speed control wires. CG was now waaaayyy forward. What's really got me is that how this very expensive assembly was built. They have a bit of epoxy holding the inlet, fan case, fan, and a heavy motor in with a bit of epoxy around the inlet to nacelle joint. There's way too my stress there for a small bit of glue.

Comment

I would think it needs a few short screws through the nacelle into the front flange so they do not intrude into the air duct!

Jeremy and Ben
                    SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Working...
                    X