Aviation Concepts 1/4 Scale 2-33

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Concepts 1/4 Scale 2-33

A big shout out to Gunny at Aviation Concepts. Just received my kit for the 1/4 scale Schweizer 2-33 yesterday. Gunny has been great to work with through the process. The plans and manual is very detailed and he does a great job with the details of the kit. I will be starting the build this weekend and will try and keep some updates posted. I also really appreciate the assistance and guidance from Jim D. Looking forward to this build and joining the soaring community.

Jason Haab
    Bloomington, IL

Gunny does an amazing job supporting the people who fly his 2-33s. I didn't build mine, but I fly the heck out of it. If you need any assistance or advice on anything feel free to let me know as well! You're gonna love this glider.

Kevin
    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Welcome aboard Jason, we will be following your build with great interest...will be like old times, started my 1/4-scale build about this same time in 2010!

Here is some encouragement! Five 1/4-scale and the first 1/3-scale at Cumberland Summer Soaring in 2014.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Hi Jason!!

Welcome to the forums. Great to hear you have the 2-33 build about to start.

Looking forward to watching the progress

LEN
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the build progress. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Finally got a photo uploaded of progress of the Right Wing (Inboard Section) of my Aviation Concepts 1/4 Scale 2-33. The parts from Gunny are great and fit together very well. I am also setting up another build table to get the fuselage started as well. Will be off for a few weeks but will try and keep more progress photos posted. Thanks to Jim, Gunny and Len B. for all your guidance and support. Looking forward to getting this completed before Horizon Aerotow in Monticello, IL this upcoming year.

Comment

• JimD
              JimD commented
              Editing a comment
              Fantastic...really looking forward to your build!

MarnochS and I both have 1/3-scale 2-33's to build and setting the goal of having them ready for the Horizon Event 2017 is a great plan...okay Jason, lead the way!

Yeahhhh The build thread has started!!!! Way to go Jason, stay on it and it'll get done.

Len
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Sorry for delay in updates. I started the fuselage today and Right wing is coming along. This is a fun sailplane to build!

Comment

• JimD
                JimD commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice work...Keep those pictures coming!!!

Hey Jason,
              That looks familiar!
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Is that picture near your bench the color scheme you wish to replicate?

Comment

• Jhaab
                  Jhaab commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That picture is a photo my my son and I next to JimD's 1/4 Scale 2-33 at Winamac this past year. Got to spend some time with both Len and Jim at that event that was very valuable.
              Working...
              X